'03 Ram 1500 Fluid Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rambling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Hey guys, I need a little help again. I asked for help regarding how to take the bed off my '03 Ram 1500 4.7 a bit before August hit. It's is all done now. I'll try posting some pics hopefully within the next couple of weeks of that repair. But for now I seem to have a more critical issue. My truck for the past 3 years has had a very slow rear main seal leak. Another repair for another time that's on my list. With that said, I know to expect a few oil spots on the ground. More so when it's warmer out. But these past couple days I've noticed my truck has had a small puddle underneath. Puzzled by this i decided to poke underneath and to my amazement i found the following.

2quq8mv.jpg

14c9m2s.jpg

2czx3eu.jpg

30b1vet.jpg

2ajnuom.jpg

Now judging from the color of the fluid it appears to be trans fluid, (Reddish Brown). After peaking around I'm assuming I've got a busted trans line someplace judging from the pics I posted. Possibly from the trans oil cooler and from the location it's dripping from. Just wondering if I'm indeed on the right track and is it a expensive or complicated fix..? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Hey guys, I need a little help again. I asked for help regarding how to take the bed off my '03 Ram 1500 4.7 a bit before August hit. It's is all done now. I'll try posting some pics hopefully within the next couple of weeks of that repair. But for now I seem to have a more critical issue. My truck for the past 3 years has had a very slow rear main seal leak. Another repair for another time that's on my list. With that said, I know to expect a few oil spots on the ground. More so when it's warmer out. But these past couple days I've noticed my truck has had a small puddle underneath. Puzzled by this i decided to poke underneath and to my amazement i found the following.

2quq8mv.jpg

14c9m2s.jpg

2czx3eu.jpg

30b1vet.jpg

2ajnuom.jpg

Now judging from the color of the fluid it appears to be trans fluid, (Reddish Brown). After peaking around I'm assuming I've got a busted trans line someplace judging from the pics I posted. Possibly from the trans oil cooler and from the location it's dripping from. Just wondering if I'm indeed on the right track and is it a expensive or complicated fix..? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

It does appear to be tranny fluid

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road