07 1500 big horn problems after battery replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fedves86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5 7 hemi
Hello everyone, I have a ram, the battery drained overnight from leaving the keys on in it, I put the battery on trickle charger for a day put battery in and it ran for a few miles, got back drive it some .ore so I left it running to run in the house for something when I came back out the truck had turned off I started it as it run it ran for about 2 or 3 minutes before it shut itself offhe keys on in it, I put the battery on trickle charger for a day ran the scan tool and it's got like 20 something codes about the passenger control restraint system a bunch of other stuff it says it's shorted out and they can't communicate with the tipm canbuss problems etc. Then the OBD2 port stopped working and I couldn't get any readings off of it anymore luckily I had the screenshot on my phone of what was wrong with it but I don't think that really matters something else is going on now I can't start the truck at all if I disconnect the battery and I let it sit for a couple of hours and put it back in and connect the wiring to each terminal it will start up for a minute or two and then it'll shut itself off again the battery is not bad and neither is the alternator I had them both checked I even hooked up my battery to my DC stick welder just in case there was something wrong with it holding a charge or something it looks like something is in some security mode has taken over I have the original Factory keys that I'm trying to use to start the truck any advice is appreciated, I'm and all of the lights on the dash came on I took my scan tool and ran the scan tool and it's got like 20 something codes about the passenger control restraint system a bunch of other stuff it says it's shorted out and they can't communicate with the tipm canbuss problems etc. Then the OBD2 port stopped working and I couldn't get any readings off of it anymore luckily I had the screenshot on my phone of what was wrong with it but I don't think that really matters something else is going on now I can't start the truck at all if I discowelodnddy#bjweji32o9qonnect the battery and I let it sit for a couple of hours and put it back in and connect the wiring to each terminal it will start up for a minute or two and then it'll shut itself off again the battery is not bad and neither is the alternator I had them both checked I even hooked up my battery to my DC stick welder just in case there was something wrong with it holding a charge or something it looks like something is in some security mode has taken over I have the original Factory keys that I'm trying to use to start the truck any advice is appreciated, I'm in dire straights right now, I need my truck back asap. Thank you

Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Have the battery load tested it may have a bad cell or two, bad batteries can cause lots of electrical problems & throw codes..

OP
OP
F

fedves86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5 7 hemi
Wow I just reread my post I think something happened between me hitting post and it posting Jesus. anyway I just bought a new die hard platinum for 250 bucks and it will not start at all now these lights are on and I hear no ticking or anything when turning the key, I can hit wire the starter and it works it seems but something happened when the battery was drained that right me here to where I'm at now.

Attachments

• IMG_20221220_172153_DRO.jpg
    IMG_20221220_172153_DRO.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 3

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wow I just reread my post I think something happened between me hitting post and it posting Jesus. anyway I just bought a new die hard platinum for 250 bucks and it will not start at all now these lights are on and I hear no ticking or anything when turning the key, I can hit wire the starter and it works it seems but something happened when the battery was drained that right me here to where I'm at now.
Final results ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45