1.5” leveling spacers Installed, now I have caster issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stickpony

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

I just installed some 1.5” leveling spacers in front on my 2004 Ram 2500 2WD Hemi, I think the total lift ends up being close to 2 inches, although the suspension may not have completely settled yet.

I went to get it aligned, toe is perfect and camber is ever so slightly negative on both sides by like 2/100ths, but the caster is way low, and the alignment shop said the most they could give me is 2 degrees of Caster. The spec calls for 3.5 - 5.6 degrees of caster. As a result, I feel like the trucks steering is a lot more sensitive, and I don’t like how it feels, even though it rides straight.

Is there anything that can be done to help dual in the caster to be closer to the stock 3.5-5.6 degree range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Aftermarket align parts can help, or if the upper control arms can be slotted out where they bolt onto the frame, may give you more wiggle room

OP
OP
S

stickpony

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aftermarket align parts can help, or if the upper control arms can be slotted out where they bolt onto the frame, may give you more wiggle room

They are already slotted out from the factory on the frame. You adjust caster and camber by shifting the UCA’s left to right and in and out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk