1.5" Front / .75" Rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been back and forth on this a lot and settled in on 1.5" front / .75" rear. Ordered the Maxtrac 1.5" front spacer and .75" Jeep coil spring seat RE1333 to install in the rear. Was very tempted to go higher but this is really all I want. Tires are stock size 275/60-20 Wildpeak on factory 20x9 wheels, so don't want to raise it a lot, just enough for a little more aggressive look.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Make sure to post pics when you're done! Good luck!

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
it will look fine . You should still have a little rake but not like it did stock. That is about what I started with because I did not want the truck looking loaded when it was not but even worse is the look when it is actually loaded without a rear spacer.

OP
OP
GRN69CHV

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was hoping to do it this weekend , rear spacers showed up, the front did not.

OP
OP
GRN69CHV

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got it done today. Pre-install measurements (tires cold at 38PSI on 4 corners) was 37" front / 39" rear. After install it measures 38.5" front / 39.75" rear. Pictures are stock, front end only, front and rear. I like the way it looks with a little more rake. Fwiw, I had a rattle in the rear end and it seemed a little jumpy, sure enough, passenger side upper shock mount bolt was loose, shock was rattling around in there. I'm usually pretty good about tightening everything down and checking it, hard to say if I just didn't tighten it enough or it worked loose, tight now though. Took it out for a test drive, handles real well. I'll get alignment checked this week, willing to bet it's not off at all.

IMG_2716.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

IMG_2718.JPG

Last edited:

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So how did you arrive at using spacers in front instead of something like Bilsteins, etc. Thanks.

OP
OP
GRN69CHV

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So how did you arrive at using spacers in front instead of something like Bilsteins, etc. Thanks.

Going in, I knew I only wanted 1.5" front end lift max. I had previously unbolted the bottom bolt of the strut and the sway bar link on driver side when I was doing the brakes to see just how much travel there was before the upper ball joint bottomed out. Doing so, I determined that a 1" thick spacer was safe bet. Way I looked at it, if the upper ball joint does go bad, I'll replace the upper control arms with something with a different geometry at that point and using a spacer provides a lot more options for struts down the road.

OP
OP
GRN69CHV

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got it aligned today. As expected camber was off as was Toe, and to be honest, I'm not sure how much either of these were off due to 1.5" front end lift. Prior, front tires (Goodyear SRA - two sets in 59,000 miles) had excessive outside wear, I had it checked and was told it was in spec, don't have the printout. All said and done, I'm happy with how it turned out.2020-08-03_135949.jpg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heck yea looks much better. Just enough to keep it looking kinda stock. Thats what I want to do with my half ton work truck.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks much better! I agree with liking a bit of rake to the truck.
I'm curious if the truck drives different with a smidge of positive toe.

OP
OP
GRN69CHV

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks much better! I agree with liking a bit of rake to the truck.
I'm curious if the truck drives different with a smidge of positive toe.

On way home it drove a lot better than it did on way there. .05*/.06* is about dead on. Factory specs allow all the way up to .15* and still be in spec. At opposite, max negative toe (toe out) is -.05*.

INNATRUCK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Been back and forth on this a lot and settled in on 1.5" front / .75" rear. Ordered the Maxtrac 1.5" front spacer and .75" Jeep coil spring seat RE1333 to install in the rear. Was very tempted to go higher but this is really all I want. Tires are stock size 275/60-20 Wildpeak on factory 20x9 wheels, so don't want to raise it a lot, just enough for a little more aggressive look.

This is the first I've heard of this Jeep spring seat.
Explain?

INNATRUCK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Neat. I wanted to do a front spacer lift on mine, I'll have to add that to the list.
Thanks mate.

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Going in, I knew I only wanted 1.5" front end lift max. I had previously unbolted the bottom bolt of the strut and the sway bar link on driver side when I was doing the brakes to see just how much travel there was before the upper ball joint bottomed out. Doing so, I determined that a 1" thick spacer was safe bet. Way I looked at it, if the upper ball joint does go bad, I'll replace the upper control arms with something with a different geometry at that point and using a spacer provides a lot more options for struts down the road.

Interesting points. Looking forward to some long term updates on your set-up. Using spacers seems to draw a lot of negative comments on this site so I was interested in why you used them. I also want to keep some rake on my truck when I update things. Yours looks really good.

OP
OP
GRN69CHV

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting points. Looking forward to some long term updates on your set-up. Using spacers seems to draw a lot of negative comments on this site so I was interested in why you used them. I also want to keep some rake on my truck when I update things. Yours looks really good.

Thanks. I'm happy with it, just enough to fix the ride height so it doesn't look like a 2wd. I think a moderate spacer install for use as a paved surface daily driver is practical. And putting it into perspective, if I'm that oblivious to where I'm driving, hit a pothole, deep enough and with enough impact to damage the suspension, guaranteed to be replacing a wheel and tire along with the UCA. Deal with it if/when it happens, that's how I look at it.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
@myoung84

Here's a visual of the combo

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GRN69CHV

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Logged just over 1,000 miles since install and alignment. No issues at all with front end and for that matter with the rear end, with exception that there is a little bit of jittery over road heaves at highway speed when turning in either right or left. Not sure how to fix this, it's not due to any suspension lift, it became noticeable when I went from the stock soft Goodyear SRA's to an AT tire. I'm sure it has to do with a stiffer tire. Replacing the stock shocks with Monroe Reflex did help, but didn't cure it. Most likely just due to an unloaded bed and something to live with. Hesitant to upgrade the rear springs for this just this reason, so a rear spacer is probably best move for added rear end height. Everything is a compromise.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Logged just over 1,000 miles since install and alignment. No issues at all with front end and for that matter with the rear end, with exception that there is a little bit of jittery over road heaves at highway speed when turning in either right or left. Not sure how to fix this, it's not due to any suspension lift, it became noticeable when I went from the stock soft Goodyear SRA's to an AT tire. I'm sure it has to do with a stiffer tire. Replacing the stock shocks with Monroe Reflex did help, but didn't cure it. Most likely just due to an unloaded bed and something to live with. Hesitant to upgrade the rear springs for this just this reason, so a rear spacer is probably best move for added rear end height. Everything is a compromise.
A better shock would likely help, when you upgraded tires the unsprung weight becomes a bit much for stock twin tube shocks to handle. High speed compression and rebound damping becomes a bit lack luster and they don't react well to fast choppy road conditions. Essentially the shock can't compress and extend fast enough to keep up with the uneven conditions and kind of "sticks" or gets stuck essentially since it can't react as fast as the road. My 5100s did the same thing when I jumped up to a big heavy 35" combo. If it's in the budget a decent set of rear shocks would help 100%. Otherwise like you said, it's a bit of a compromise with changes.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007