10k in Mods on Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah but in my 10k build I did not include a bed rack spare or swing gate. So would have to modify my track bar to fit 37” spare. Some run-flats would be a cool option.

theres no way to fit a 37” spare under the bed. There just isnt room for it.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
theres no way to fit a 37” spare under the bed. There just isnt room for it.
No but if I modify the track bar I could make it fit. but I have no desire to do that. The 35” underneath is what I would do. I was trying to explain that position.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
If I was starting from scratch and had a disposable 10k bonus this is the way Id go

2.5" Kings all around: $2500
Sliders: $1600
XDwheels/Cooper 37s: $2200
Thuren springs Front/Back: $700
Thuren front/rear track bar:$ 760
Dethloff Skid plate: $340
Thuren Bumper:$1700

$9800 total

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Are you changing the springs for better payload?

skid plate is a good idea. It’s on my short list too now that I just read up on that thread from earlier this year.

Last edited:

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice.
What HP are you wanting to achieve with you mods?
Nothing too crazy. If I can get it upwards over 500, I'd be happy. Once that "bonus" shows up is when the parts will start coming in. So far I have the exhaust how I want it. Once the S&B filter is available, I will get that (january). Theres a post I think in 5th gen heavy duty section of someone putting arh headers on his 2019, I'm hoping to hear back and see how that went being we have the 8spd vs the 6. Then tune for all of it. Which will probably be costly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Are you changing the springs for better payload?

skid plate is a good idea. It’s on my short list too now that I just read up on that thread from earlier this year.
I think the Thuren springs are actually softer decreasing payload. For me they would purely be for better offroad performance

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Nothing too crazy. If I can get it upwards over 500, I'd be happy. Once that "bonus" shows up is when the parts will start coming in. So far I have the exhaust how I want it. Once the S&B filter is available, I will get that (january). Theres a post I think in 5th gen heavy duty section of someone putting arh headers on his 2019, I'm hoping to hear back and see how that went being we have the 8spd vs the 6. Then tune for all of it. Which will probably be costly.

The SRT sporting the same size motor but some adjustments give it 475 on stock from Mopar. On 2017-18 Valves are the same size between both motors (2.138/1.654). Compression is lower by about 1 point, 10.9:1(SRT) vs. 10:1 on the Ram. Apache head design is basically the same for both motors except for material (356 Aluminum on the HD) and redesigned cooling jackets. Tech Authority lists the cam lift and duration for the HD motor, but at a glance it seems unlikely to be 100% accurate. Especially considering they appear to mimic the SRT cam specs. The truck 6.4 has different heads, cam & intake manifold

Throttle body however is the same on the 5.7, 6.1 & 6.4

So it leaves the exhaust to make up some hp.
Then tuned to speed up timing some more to run 93 octane

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The SRT sporting the same size motor but some adjustments give it 475 on stock from Mopar. On 2017-18 Valves are the same size between both motors (2.138/1.654). Compression is lower by about 1 point, 10.9:1(SRT) vs. 10:1 on the Ram. Apache head design is basically the same for both motors except for material (356 Aluminum on the HD) and redesigned cooling jackets. Tech Authority lists the cam lift and duration for the HD motor, but at a glance it seems unlikely to be 100% accurate. Especially considering they appear to mimic the SRT cam specs. The truck 6.4 has different heads, cam & intake manifold

Throttle body however is the same on the 5.7, 6.1 & 6.4

So it leaves the exhaust to make up some hp.
Then tuned to speed up timing some more to run 93 octane
Weak point in these motors compared to the srt I'm sure is the tune, exhaust scavenging, and intake.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
What if some of us are already well past $10k, do we just list our current mods? Lol

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
What if some of us are already well past $10k, do we just list our current mods? Lol
The point of this thread was to see what you would do with a loaded 2019 PW that is currently stock.
I’m sure it will be different for most then their current setup.
For example: no need to lift the front end or buy a synthetic rope, and so forth.

feel free to list out your current mods as well. It would be a nice comparison with what you would do differently on a 19.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
The point of this thread was to see what you would do with a loaded 2019 PW that is currently stock.
I’m sure it will be different for most then their current setup.
For example: no need to lift the front end or buy a synthetic rope, and so forth.

feel free to list out your current mods as well. It would be a nice comparison with what you would do differently on a 19.
I know, my comment was tongue in cheek. Also to point out that $10k goes much faster than people realize.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I know, my comment was tongue in cheek. Also to point out that $10k goes much faster than people realize.
There are plenty of PW owners that spent more then 10k already but their are a few new owners that have not touched the mods yet. So far my mod list has been different than others and some will name some mods on for a loaded 19 that are not necessarily. For example. Because they either had a tradesmen or the 19 has a few things done differently then the later years.
play along if you like. I bet you find that some of the mods on your current truck you would not do with “the first 10k” sure you might later...
Don’t trash my thread if you don’t want to play alone.
Thanks.

IRSmart

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
There are plenty of PW owners that spent more then 10k already but their are a few new owners that have not touched the mods yet. So far my mod list has been different than others and some will name some mods on for a loaded 19 that are not necessarily. For example. Because they either had a tradesmen or the 19 has a few things done differently then the later years.
play along if you like. I bet you find that some of the mods on your current truck you would not do with “the first 10k” sure you might later...
Don’t trash my thread if you don’t want to play alone.
Thanks.
There were five irrelevant posts in here about what to do with a 35” spare tire. I didn’t see you being a **** to them. I was just making an observation. Down off your high horse, scooter.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
There were five irrelevant posts in here about what to do with a 35” spare tire. I didn’t see you being a **** to them. I was just making an observation. Down off your high horse, scooter.
Sorry Mr. Smart. I disagree though. The spare tire was a relevant question that gets Ram owners to consider certain mods before others. You have a lot of mods on your truck, and for you to play along, would add value to the thread.
I did reply to you differently then non PW owners for that reason. I meant no offense I just wanted to tap into your experience. cheers!

Last edited:

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
If it’s fully loaded I wouldn’t feel the need to do much. 35s, bed cover, cold air snorkel, and a better looking muffler. I don’t think that’s even close to 10k

ttusomeone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've just about completed all the mods on my '19 that I'm planning on. They are:
  • BakFlip MX4 bed cover
  • Magnaflow catback exhaust system
  • Amp research power steps (I'm tackling that install over the holidays)
  • Factor55 Ultrahook and receiver shackle mount
  • Tinted front windows
At this point I can't really think of anything else I want to do (although I'm watching this thread for ideas).

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
If it’s fully loaded I wouldn’t feel the need to do much. 35s, bed cover, cold air snorkel, and a better looking muffler. I don’t think that’s even close to 10k
The snorkel could cost some since you probably will pay someone to install it. I understand you have to cut a hole in your fender? I have not seen it done on a 19 yet, so I’m guessing.
If you are wanting to ford higher water then 28” then their is a few more mods you will need.
I’m intrigued though.

OP
OP
Trailmaker

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I've just about completed all the mods on my '19 that I'm planning on. They are:
  • BakFlip MX4 bed cover
  • Magnaflow catback exhaust system
  • Amp research power steps (I'm tackling that install over the holidays)
  • Factor55 Ultrahook and receiver shackle mount
  • Tinted front windows
At this point I can't really think of anything else I want to do (although I'm watching this thread for ideas).
What is the tally for that list?