12” Display, like it, hate it, waste of money or best thing ever?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
I have a question about the 12" display. Is it possible to turn the brightness down after dark? I have a friend who says it cannot.

It doesn't dim with the other dash lights?

johnspd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I dont really see anyone talking about it. What are your thought?

The 12" screen is absolute junk. I am battling with Chrysler and the dealership now due to mine locking up for days at a time. There has also been at least one class action lawsuit filed against Chrysler due to the number of issues with this this 12" infotainment system. I am also starting to pursue a Lemon law suit due to Chrysler not being able to correct what is clearly a design issue. The dealership kept my truck for 15 days, 2 days after picking it up the infotainment center locked up again.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s a personal preference. Some love the shifter knob, some don’t. I like my 12 in screen and typically run with it split. Climate on the bottom and radio/media on the top. Like everything else new and different it takes a bit getting used to it, (can’t tell you how many times I tried to column shift when I first got my truck) but once your used to it, you have a muscle memory and making changes is easy.

Lol the thread right below is how it’s garbage!

fd9f310890696e15bb6e5ba11a6bfb58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy2

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Love mine, trouble free so far for first 90 days. Wouldn’t trade it for smaller screen.

KevinB1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Had mine for less than a month, maybe a little over. Only issue I've seen is some "popupmessage.***" message stuck on the screen just above the apps. Looked similar to an .exe message. Wasn't sure if it meant it was downloading something or not. Haven't started the truck again to see if it was still there. Other than that, works great and sounds amazing.