14 express premium cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Deleted

Last edited:

MontanaDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking to get a Premium Cluster, if anyone has available to sell.

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman/Express Hemi 5.7, with 13,500 miles, anyone have the upgrade Premium Cluster with miles that are close?

I have the Express Trim / Black Package.

Let me know,

Thanks!

John

ram3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need help

Outlaw, I also PMed you, I hope you could help, if not whoever can help I would like your feedback. I have a 16 3500 Diesel SLT & my cluster is the basic one. I called the dealership and I said that I would like to upgrade it to another slt or laramie cluster that has the 7 inch multimedia display. One of them said that you cannot do it because there is two different wirings for them, another said that they do not know and to call them back in 30 minutes; I called them back and they said that they called Chrysler and cannot be done. I said that I saw on forums a lot of people that did it and they had no response to that. So please, before I end up buying a cluster, will it work on my 16 ram 3500 diesel? And if so, what part number should I give them? I saw 56046541AF, 56046544AI. When I called the dealer the first time I gave them the vin of a 16 ram that had the cluster that I wanted and he gave me the part number 68280837AC for the Laramie model. My actual SLT with the base display has part number 68280850AC. I also tried to do a cross reference see if these two intertwine but on all the mopar websites they do not find these parts numbers. Please help & thanks in advance??

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Outlaw, I also PMed you, I hope you could help, if not whoever can help I would like your feedback. I have a 16 3500 Diesel SLT & my cluster is the basic one. I called the dealership and I said that I would like to upgrade it to another slt or laramie cluster that has the 7 inch multimedia display. One of them said that you cannot do it because there is two different wirings for them, another said that they do not know and to call them back in 30 minutes; I called them back and they said that they called Chrysler and cannot be done. I said that I saw on forums a lot of people that did it and they had no response to that. So please, before I end up buying a cluster, will it work on my 16 ram 3500 diesel? And if so, what part number should I give them? I saw 56046541AF, 56046544AI. When I called the dealer the first time I gave them the vin of a 16 ram that had the cluster that I wanted and he gave me the part number 68280837AC for the Laramie model. My actual SLT with the base display has part number 68280850AC. I also tried to do a cross reference see if these two intertwine but on all the mopar websites they do not find these parts numbers. Please help & thanks in advance??
I want to say that yours should be no different and most of the dealers say this, but I don't have any experience with the 2016. I can tell you that I think there is a similar thread in a "Dodge Diesels" forum with info out there. If the thread is still alive, you may get some answers from there.

If you take 10 minutes to remove the cluster and snap a picture of the back, we can begin speculation from a safer place.

If it doesn't work for whatever reason, you can easily turn around and sell the cluster to someone with a truck that's compatible. Used clusters are hard to find, I was an early adopter and bought mine when they were easy to find.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Weedstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500QC 4x4
Engine
I'm looking to get a Premium Cluster, if anyone has available to sell.

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Tradesman/Express Hemi 5.7, with 13,500 miles, anyone have the upgrade Premium Cluster with miles that are close?

I have the Express Trim / Black Package.

Let me know,

Thanks!

John

Here you go
14 Dodge RAM 1500 Pickup Speedometer 900774 | eBay

I would like to buy it but I don't want the tpms issues I read about between the '13-'14. Mileage is almost perfect for my '13

MontanaDodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Darn, checked the forum this morning, and the unit on ebay is sold already...thanks for the heads up.... I guess I better start checking email everyday....
John

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

hinzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That tab is replaceable as its part of the lens. It's not necessary to replace though. You can't see it when installed, but it will let dust in if the lens is broke...

And the bezel may not snug up tight to your dash since it screws into the missing tab.

fs00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Darn, checked the forum this morning, and the unit on ebay is sold already...thanks for the heads up.... I guess I better start checking email everyday....
John

Was bidding on that one and lost it. I was able to snag one up from car-part yesterday at a much better price. I see they have one more listed there for $250. Not sure if it's still available but might want to call.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
And the bezel may not snug up tight to your dash since it screws into the missing tab.
As long as there is one you're good. Mine was missing a tab and part of the lens was missing in that same spot. It has 3 other points of contact but for the most part, the top two are just meant to hold the bezel in place.

Don't let the tabs or lens condition dissuade the purchase of one of these when you find one. The assembly can be replaced for $70-$80...

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
As long as there is one you're good. Mine was missing a tab and part of the lens was missing in that same spot. It has 3 other points of contact but for the most part, the top two are just meant to hold the bezel in place.

Don't let the tabs or lens condition dissuade the purchase of one of these when you find one. The assembly can be replaced for $70-$80...

But you also need to factor that into what it is worth this guy wants 350.00 for it with the broken tab. Do you have the part numbers for the lens and mask, I just want them for my records should I ever want to replace mine. I have the 7" sport cluster not the longhorn or the limited.

hinzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I understand they are there to hold the bezel in place, hence my comment saying if you're missing one your bezel may not come up flush to your dash.
I've taken many apart and when I take one screw out, the bezel sags on that side leaving a small gap. May be different depending on your dash and bezel fitment, but on mine there is no way I'd go without one of the screws.

So yes, I'd factor in the $80 for a new lense/mask when buying. But if the miles are perfect for you, then not having to program it will definitely make up the cost.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I understand they are there to hold the bezel in place, hence my comment saying if you're missing one your bezel may not come up flush to your dash.
I've taken many apart and when I take one screw out, the bezel sags on that side leaving a small gap. May be different depending on your dash and bezel fitment, but on mine there is no way I'd go without one of the screws.

So yes, I'd factor in the $80 for a new lense/mask when buying. But if the miles are perfect for you, then not having to program it will definitely make up the cost.
Understood, mine stayed like that for a few weeks. I bought a new one because I knew it was missing and the lens was a little scratched, not for any fitment issues.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
But you also need to factor that into what it is worth this guy wants 350.00 for it with the broken tab. Do you have the part numbers for the lens and mask, I just want them for my records should I ever want to replace mine. I have the 7" sport cluster not the longhorn or the limited.

Here is the part number from when I purchased mine (black with silver trim).

68205928AA LENS-INSTRUMENT CLUSTER $70.00 1 $70.00

LENS | Genuine Mopar | 68205928AA

New lens installed pic
IMAG0190.jpg

Engine Performance and Economy Greatly Increased after Install!:naughty:
IMAG0129.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was bidding on that one and lost it. I was able to snag one up from car-part yesterday at a much better price. I see they have one more listed there for $250. Not sure if it's still available but might want to call.

Rember whenever you buy a cluster from a wrecking yard try to have them send you a picture of it. They are listed wrong alot of the time. It saves alot of time and trouble. The 09 to 12 trucks only had the EVIC on the premium cluster. The 13 and up trucks have the EVIC on both the regular and the premium cluster. I think this is what causes the confusion with the wrecking yards.

12_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Digging through all these posts never came across this. But I found a used cluster on lkq for $135 says 7" screen from outdoorsman with the 3.6 anyone confirm that the 6 cyl one works with the hemi? Also who is everyone using to have them programmed?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Digging through all these posts never came across this. But I found a used cluster on lkq for $135 says 7" screen from outdoorsman with the 3.6 anyone confirm that the 6 cyl one works with the hemi? Also who is everyone using to have them programmed?
This for sale thread may help...

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=71683

2013 premium clusters

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

Last edited: