1500 5.7 hemi service 4wd, 4hi, 4low flash and turn off Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinf23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A few months back my service 4wd light starting flashing then shut off. had it looked at but they weren't able to trigger the light so nothing was done. about 2 weeks ago when the service 4wd came on 4hi also came on and flashed for 20 sec or so and shut off. Now every time the service 4wd turns on 4hi, 4low turns on and flashes and shuts off. this happens when driving in 2wd. i live in nebraska and we didnt get much snow this winter but the couple of times i used 4hi it work with no issues.

I was thinking it was the actuator but after replacing the light came on 20 minutes later. I was told it could be (transfer case position sensor) but apparently that doesnt exist according to the local part stores. Im thinking its a sensor i just dont know where to begin.

I have a small up and coming lawncare business and this is our only truck as of now but with these lights i dont feel safe pulling our trailer.

If any one has some tips or tricks i would greatly appreciate it!!

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, you replaced the actuator and still have the problem, can you remove the actuator and slide the lever by hand to see if your light goes off, try that, hope its not something in the transfer case.

OP
OP
J

justinf23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I could try that but the lights are not consistently on. some days none of the lights are on, other days every 5 miles they all will turn on flash and turn off. To my memory they have never came on while idling only while driving from 25mph - 70mp. Once there was a very small stutter felt like it was trying to switch over to 4wd.