16 Ram 1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Definitely optimized the bed space. Still A TON of room for things, albeit they fit under the tent. I like the ball thrower for the dog is a primary piece of gear as well.

Mounts look awesome. Did you use backing plates under the feet of the spare mount?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yes the ball thrower is a crucial piece of gear to have in the rig. Now that I think bout it a special mount for it and a canister of balls may be in order!

I did not, as I was bolting it up it crossed my mind but decided not to do anything. May just put fender washers under there eventually.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yes the ball thrower is a crucial piece of gear to have in the rig. Now that I think bout it a special mount for it and a canister of balls may be in order!

I did not, as I was bolting it up it crossed my mind but decided not to do anything. May just put fender washers under there eventually.

Now you're talking! Maybe you can rig up a clay bird thrower to launch tennis balls?! That's the move!

It should be alright for the time being but depending how far into party mode you get that spare might try to ejecto seat, I'm disappointed at how thin the material is on these new trucks. Only way to know is let it rip. Not trying to create an issue that doesn't exist yet. Lol

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Now you're talking! Maybe you can rig up a clay bird thrower to launch tennis balls?! That's the move!

It should be alright for the time being but depending how far into party mode you get that spare might try to ejecto seat, I'm disappointed at how thin the material is on these new trucks. Only way to know is let it rip. Not trying to create an issue that doesn't exist yet. Lol

Lol, now that you put it that way I’ll at least put the fender washers in there

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Lol, now that you put it that way I’ll at least put the fender washers in there
Wording was a bit off in my post, when I say "let it rip" I mean boogy on it. Not that the bed will rip. God..... maybe my girl is correct, I need to proofread and filter before I speak. Lol. I'm sure you'll be fine, I have verbal spewage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Wording was a bit off in my post, when I say "let it rip" I mean boogy on it. Not that the bed will rip. God..... maybe my girl is correct, I need to proofread and filter before I speak. Lol. I'm sure you'll be fine, I have verbal spewage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
Haha I know what you meant

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I like that style American Racing wheel and have wondered about them as a replacement for my truck. I wish they came as a satin aluminum instead of just the black or polished. Looking forward to updates on how you like the wheels and the tires.

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
How ya like the kings

Now that I’ve had em on for a while and just finished first Offroad trip that had roughly 100 miles in the dirt. Had slow and technical rock sections, high speed rollers and the oh sh*t hold on portions going 50 and too late to slow down. Got air born about 5 times (normally don’t drive that hard) but the road to a place called The Pinnacles was awesome at high speed. Fully bottomed out the front almost every time I went air born and a few more times when I g’d out on some rollers. I felt the rear bottom out one time the entire trip.
So with all that the rear end felt perfect, super firm but still able to absorb the small stuff like washboards. It handled the razr ruts (about 30-35 mph) which are a nightmare in anything. They could definitely handle a lot more than I feel comfortable throwing at it. The valving spec these were designed for (f250 super duty) are spot on for the extra weight I have back there (spare tire, rtt, roughly 10 gallons in the water tank at the time).

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
4 day weekends? I’m happy to go from 1 day weekends to 2 day weekends.

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.
Yessir, usually do four 10’s but they switched us to three 12’s for this fiasco.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Now that I’ve had em on for a while and just finished first Offroad trip that had roughly 100 miles in the dirt. Had slow and technical rock sections, high speed rollers and the oh sh*t hold on portions going 50 and too late to slow down. Got air born about 5 times (normally don’t drive that hard) but the road to a place called The Pinnacles was awesome at high speed. Fully bottomed out the front almost every time I went air born and a few more times when I g’d out on some rollers. I felt the rear bottom out one time the entire trip.
So with all that the rear end felt perfect, super firm but still able to absorb the small stuff like washboards. It handled the razr ruts (about 30-35 mph) which are a nightmare in anything. They could definitely handle a lot more than I feel comfortable throwing at it. The valving spec these were designed for (f250 super duty) are spot on for the extra weight I have back there (spare tire, rtt, roughly 10 gallons in the water tank at the time).
That sounds like an awesome trip! Yet again I'll mention the fact that I'm jealous of the variety of terrain y'all get to experience out there. As much as I enjoy offroading, I'm pretty bored with 4lo putting around and destroying panels and blowing drivetrain parts up.

As for the kings, it sounds like the rear set up worked better than you had intended. Especially with all the extra weight, that's awesome not having to tear into the shocks right away. As for the front. It doesn't sound like you're really unhappy with that either, I mean with limited travel we have on stock geometry it's hard to have your cake and eat it too. I have to assume the only fix for the somewhat frequent bottoming is heavier valving, which in turn compromises performance in other situations. As always living vicariously through to left coasters!

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Heard a clunk coming from the rear end somewhere. When I shook the truck side to side it sounded like metal on metal slapping. Took awhile but found the culprit, trackbar. Heim on one end is toast and on the other end the misaligns amd mounting brackets got wallowed out from using the oem hardware and not buying shanked bolts. Ordered new misaligns, heims (this time Kevlar reinforced) and shanked 5/8 grade 8 hardware.

F97E5F04-CEF5-447E-8D75-CB76FE803931.jpeg

049824DC-CCE0-4198-B5AD-4AAB614626AA.jpeg

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Last trip out to Randsburg/Ridgecrest, Pinnacles, Schmidt mine, RedRock. Trying to keep up with that razr sent me airborn a couple times going down Pinnacle rd. Figured out why one of the trails is called Last Chance Rd, would be tricky enough in a sidexside let alone my rig. Should have turned back sooner when I passed a group of razors that were shaking their heads at me saying you don’t want to go that way.

005EA2BE-0A8D-4B6B-BBD2-3244E9512E7A.jpeg

4186DBE9-AA8D-4723-B8FD-0662455F5A5C.jpeg

AD6A03C9-64EF-42C9-A9EF-4D5F9B1609E2.jpeg

70FF2F28-298D-4EAD-B681-1E2C682106FC.jpeg

DADABC7A-6BBA-4393-B25E-9B7B1CECAC9D.jpeg

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last trip out to Randsburg/Ridgecrest, Pinnacles, Schmidt mine, RedRock. Trying to keep up with that razr sent me airborn a couple times going down Pinnacle rd. Figured out why one of the trails is called Last Chance Rd, would be tricky enough in a sidexside let alone my rig. Should have turned back sooner when I passed a group of razors that were shaking their heads at me saying you don’t want to go that way.

View attachment 206044

View attachment 206045

View attachment 206046

View attachment 206047

View attachment 206048
Last chance canyon ? That's fun trail :)
The v-notch will make things interesting hahaha
This dude took his full size pickup through it plus trailer, but the truck got a SAS conversion so flex do make things a lot easier.

Last edited:
OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Last chance canyon ? That's fun trail :)
The v-notch will make things interesting hahaha
This dude took his full size pickup through it plus trailer, but the truck got a SAS conversion so flex do make things a lot easier.

Damn! Ya definitely glad I turned back when I did

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn! Ya definitely glad I turned back when I did
There is a bypass for the notch so you wouldn't have to do that one. It's a challenging trail for a truck as big as the RAM but with skids and patience is doable. most of the hard spots have bypasses but regardless you have to sort through rocks :)

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Finished water tank version 3.0 this time made the tank to accommodate 24 gallons. It is a bit more noticeable than the old tank but the ability to carry almost 10 more gallons is worth the trade off.

5CB96715-C06F-4F6F-804C-E7971DCAE599.jpeg

BD2282E5-EB9D-4007-A398-00AA328825F5.jpeg

8FD5A33A-B58E-4C6B-BC4A-EC92F20ADAC6.jpeg

C10BC2B5-880B-4F2F-A5B4-AFB555B3BBCB.jpeg

802A026A-21BF-4E3A-8473-2D51EC61B048.jpeg

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any pictures on how you mounted up the water tank? That’s where I’m looking to have a fuel cell made to go if I ever get around to it