16 Ram 1500 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Looks great! Judging by your neighbors vehicles I don't suspect they give you much grief with all the fab work and associated noise.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Looks great! Judging by your neighbors vehicles I don't suspect they give you much grief with all the fab work and associated noise.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
They make just as much if not more noise than me. One neighbor has been rebuilding/remodeling his house for the past year, on the other side of me the guy owns a machine shop and loves to set off fireworks, the guy across the street has also been remodeling since we moved In about 2 years ago. Haven’t had a single noise complaint since we moved in, it’s great.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
***** that's awesome. I've had so many citations and police visits for my "vehicle repair shop" its insane. At least the local 5-0 is pretty chill. Maybe I need to move to AZ

Hbrichman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Great build you've got here man, I love all your fab work it looks top notch. I really want a low profile bed rack / tent setup similar to what you've made so I can still fit the truck in the garage and it would be easy in easy out for my wife and the dogs.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
New setup looks like it's working pretty well!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
New setup looks like it's working pretty well!

Working out pretty good so far, I may be looking into replacing my rear coils with the ones that @ram1500rsm is currently running, well after he gets a little more testing in to see if there is any sag. Also may be pulling the trigger on those wheeler bumps finally. Both will have to wait a bit tho.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Working out pretty good so far, I may be looking into replacing my rear coils with the ones that @ram1500rsm is currently running, well after he gets a little more testing in to see if there is any sag. Also may be pulling the trigger on those wheeler bumps finally. Both will have to wait a bit tho.
I've been running the Claytons for about 3 weeks now and they haven't sag one bit since the initial install. With my kids in the rear seat i'm adding an extra 400lbs of weight everytime they come in and the rear goes down between 1/8 and 1/4" if anything.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yea I'm waiting for him to run those coils hard a few times before I go doing the same, tho I'm sure you would see way more benefits considering the shocks and weight you run out back.

What bumps are you referring to??

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I'm waiting for him to run those coils hard a few times before I go doing the same, tho I'm sure you would see way more benefits considering the shocks and weight you run out back.

I'm confident in the new coils, the suckers can hold weight very well. But You need weight to push them down though otherwise If you didn't you'll have a very 2-3" brazilian high butt.. :) I have about 500lbs in the back and still have 2" rear lift. Revit should be be pushing the same or more since he's got the water tank and some other stuff in the rear seat, RTT and rack etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel

These ones, had them on the old Tacoma and they performed very well. Would probably have to cut out existing and fab new brackets for me to get them set at the proper height.

https://wheelersoffroad.com/shop-by...-pair-with-universal-brackets-wor-306954.html

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
These ones, had them on the old Tacoma and they performed very well. Would probably have to cut out existing and fab new brackets for me to get them set at the proper height.

https://wheelersoffroad.com/shop-by...-pair-with-universal-brackets-wor-306954.html
Those look pretty slick. Kinda remind me if the "boogy bumps" by thuren I ran on the 2500.

I wonder if you can run them inverted on our trucks, similar to how They are mounted in the pics. We have the nice flat strike pad on the axle already, than you could fab something frame side for it to hit off the cup on the frame.....

I'm sure you'll come uo.with something fresh if you go with em, who TF am I kidding. Rock on

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Those look pretty slick. Kinda remind me if the "boogy bumps" by thuren I ran on the 2500.

I wonder if you can run them inverted on our trucks, similar to how They are mounted in the pics. We have the nice flat strike pad on the axle already, than you could fab something frame side for it to hit off the cup on the frame.....

I'm sure you'll come uo.with something fresh if you go with em, who TF am I kidding. Rock on

actually that’s a great idea that wouldn’t have even crossed my mind. When the time gets closer I’ll call them and get more detailed specs regarding diameter, free/compressed lengths. Who knows they may even fit into the oem cup, probably just wishful thinking..

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
That would be a home run if they fit into the cups, but we both know life wouldn't be that easy. Lol

Have you bottomed out on the oem bumps with your setup?

OP
OP
revitupmoto33

revitupmoto33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
That would be a home run if they fit into the cups, but we both know life wouldn't be that easy. Lol

Have you bottomed out on the oem bumps with your setup?

The shocks bump out before the oem bumps are fully compressed.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Installed the new Clayton Coils.
Before and after pic, gained 3/4” over the Icon coil + the 1” spacer.
Left to right OEM, Icon, Clayton.

View attachment 213254

View attachment 213255

View attachment 213256

View attachment 213257
Much nice. How you like them? I'm really considering them here in the future for a little better load handling manners. My bilstein coils have held true to 1/2" lift but are just so soft it's almost ridiculous. Between you and ram1500rsm these should have a good amount of testing under extremes to see how they hold up.