1989 360 tbi code 13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ray hall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
225 slant six
I have an 89 w150 with a tbi 360. It's been running good then one day it started staying revved up for a while once u let off the gas. Drove like that for a while then it started setting a code 13 map sensor. Finally I found out the fuel pressure regulator was leaking causing all the problems. Now it started setting the code 13 again. Regulator is not leaking anymore I can't find a vacuum leak anywhere and I tried swapping out the map sensor with no luck. It's getting the 5 volt reference and all wires seem good but here is the weird issue. If I start the truck up and let it warm up after about 3 minutes ish it will miss out one time and the code is set. But if i just start up and start driving the code will not set but it won't drive well until it is warmed up. It will start sputtering and acting like a carb once the rpms get higher. Shift in the next gear it takes throttle again till it revs up. Once its warmed up it wont do this. But i for the life of me can not figure out what is causing this issue.