1995 dodge ram 2500 5.9 diesel 12 valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dumb2ndgenkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 diesel
Hello everyone im new to this group and kinda new to diesel i know the parts and the basic stuff thats about it and have the manual for the truck, ive recently purchased a project 12 valve 2500 it runs and gets me from A to B but it has its problems. the problem im trying to fix right now as im going one by one is the acceleration pedal is wayyyyy to touchy barley tapping on is accelerating way too fast. where would one start checking to try to diagnostic the problem. Let me hear what you guys thinmk coulkd be the problem or where to start. looking for someone that doesn't mind helping out im in no rush for answers just looking for some help.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Not sure if this would help you , but what about finding the throttle linkage and adding another spring ,to help give a little more resistance when pushing the pedal.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would suggest looking at the TDR site since that is strictly diesels. If you own Dodge/Ram diesel that site is a great informational tool.