1998 dodge horn problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dwayne H Philpot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 1998 dodge ram. 5.2 liter the horn keeps blowing when you put the key in the ignition. I don't know what it is. Please help

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bad relay? Maybe the button is stuck? I know one of my 2 buttons stuck when I had my 97. Try seeing if you can’t jiggle them to pop back up or pull the horn relay and mess with them. You could also unplug the horns and hook up a meter and try wiggling the buttons around to see if you can get it to release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dwayne H Philpot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi update. Pull the horn fuse it works just fine or pull the relay. Put the horn fuse back in it when you pull the key out the horn blow's. instead of putting the key in. The horn fuse and relay can not be in at the same time.

gte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 24v
Check the ground by the driver headlight. Mine was rusted and it causes strange horn issues on my 98

rrb6699

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 / 318
I have seen the column switch cause this on a lot of vehicles. people turning the key too hard or using heavy keychains, etc. these are usually not too expensive, but, I'm fairly new to 2nd generation so not sure.