2' drop all four springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jshade07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2013 Ram 1500 Express regular cab 5.7 Hemi
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not new but this is my first post and my first ever Ram. So I'm a little behind the learning curve when it comes to aftermarket upgrades. So this is my first question.

I have a 2013 Ram Express s/c 1500 5.7 2wd and a 6'4" bed. On the build sheet It's raised ride height. The previous owner put on 275/55 R 20. So tires look pretty small.

The kits that I've seen are 2/4. Can I just do a 2-in drop all the way around and keep my twenties? I want new springs anyway. The ones in the back are s***. I put a full bobcat load of 3/4-in gravel in the back of it. I was like WTF. Made it home though. Thanks for those heavy duty OEM shocks. Lol I could put a bucket in half in my old Chevy. Not only do I think it would look pretty tight. I think stiffer springs would also help off the line. It would keep that rea rend from dipping and twisting. Anyway I was just curious to see if anybody has done that (Just the 2-in drop) and what it looked. like

Attachments

• PXL_20220227_234637784~3.jpg
    PXL_20220227_234637784~3.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 13

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well there are 2” rear drop springs for the truck. If you want to keep the rake you would have to buy your parts separate as I’ve never heard of anyone selling a 2/2 kit. Most kits “level” the truck at the same time. You could see if you can purchase the front drop kit separate then find the springs you want for the rear. These trucks springs are soft for ride comfort. Quite a few people install airbag helpers inside the spring to stiffen the spring when needed. There are a few options for heavier load springs but those are the same length as stock generally. I think there may be a couple that are shorter for the non raised ride height trucks. I’m pretty sure as far as anyone knows the raised ride height came on vehicles with the 20” rims and lifts the truck 1” over other trucks plus the taller tires. And stock tire size was 275/60r20 which is roughly 1” taller than your current tire.

OP
OP
jshade07

jshade07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well there are 2” rear drop springs for the truck. If you want to keep the rake you would have to buy your parts separate as I’ve never heard of anyone selling a 2/2 kit. Most kits “level” the truck at the same time. You could see if you can purchase the front drop kit separate then find the springs you want for the rear. These trucks springs are soft for ride comfort. Quite a few people install airbag helpers inside the spring to stiffen the spring when needed. There are a few options for heavier load springs but those are the same length as stock generally. I think there may be a couple that are shorter for the non raised ride height trucks. I’m pretty sure as far as anyone knows the raised ride height came on vehicles with the 20” rims and lifts the truck 1” over other trucks plus the taller tires. And stock tire size was 275/60r20 which is roughly 1” taller than your current tire.

OP
OP
jshade07

jshade07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got some emails out to different suspensions manufacturers and Mopar. I was thinking about taking the front springs that are on my truck now and putting them on the rear. Maybe cut cut a little off. Then get 2 in drop springs for the front. I don't know if they would fit or if that would mess with the driver train. I love the truck and my mod journey is just beginning. Starting with suspension and then tuner, exhaust and probably gear swap.