2004.5 laramie 3500 seat killing me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svdemaris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel 5.9l cummins
so, first trip cross country. at the end of a 500 mile day i am almost crippled.

the seat looks good though it is old. it's still comfortable to sit in and the ride seems pretty easy. i have adjusted the lumbar. off, back is killing me. lumbar dialed various amounts, back killing me.
as said, looks good, feels good. is this a road thing that all 3500's have? really don't feel all that much jolting.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Keep the heat seat on. Works for me.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If i am driving on back country roads, i walk around the truck every 70 to 80 miles.
If am an driving on a 4 lane highway, i drive 160 miles or the closest place by there to drain the coffee

By the way, i drive a lowly Bighorn 1500 & i am 78

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
so, first trip cross country. at the end of a 500 mile day i am almost crippled.

the seat looks good though it is old. it's still comfortable to sit in and the ride seems pretty easy. i have adjusted the lumbar. off, back is killing me. lumbar dialed various amounts, back killing me.
as said, looks good, feels good. is this a road thing that all 3500's have? really don't feel all that much jolting.
1. Do the old seat mod, Google "Dodge Ram I just did the seat cushion mod". I did this back in the day and it was like sitting on a pillow top. Quiet comfy on long trips, my only complaint being there wasn't really side bolstering (probably not an issue with the dually).
2. Swap in SRT Ram seats. Straight bolt in, but expensive and getting harder to find.
2. Swap in 4th gen seats. I did this with my 2003 (and console and floor shift, but not a necessity). Physically they bolt right in and and are easy to sort out wiring wise to a 3rd gen. Did an almost 1100 mile one day round trip not too long ago (that day absolutely sucked) but the newer seats did well.

OP
OP
S

svdemaris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel 5.9l cummins
all good info. thanks a lot, guys
glad to see that i'm not the only one walking bent over :)

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I still have my old seats, they're in excellent shape and absolutely nothing wrong with them, just no one seems to want or need them.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
There is a youtube video
Ram was 3rd Gen
he removed the drivers seat, put it on a bench, removed the bottom seat material.
I think he had bought the foam part from Geno's Garage
He used Duct Tape on the seat frame, where it was cutting into the foam when anyone slid into the seat.

Then he bought some foam & cut it to raise the left edge of the seat cushion up, so it would not sag as his butt was sliding into the seat & it made ride more comfortable

this is not the video that i mentioned, but you will get the idea

this might be the correct video

Last edited: