2006 Cab Swap onto a 2007.5 Frame and Powertrain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flyinlion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Hey everyone,

First time posting on a forum like this, I’ll attempt to give as much info as possible. My situation is that I have a rolled 2007.5 6.7 l dodge 2500 crew cab which the cab and box are pretty much done. I was however able to find a 2006 2500 crew cab, which is largely the same.

It they both have an auto trans, major differences are the stereo is the nicer in the 06 and it has a sunroof, I guess it’s the Laramie version.

My question is, what kind of hurting am I I’m for if I tackled a full cab swap. Aside from all the disconnects at the firewall, is the electrical going to be a nightmare? Or will it be close to plug and play?

Thanks,

BrosAuto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hey everyone,

First time posting on a forum like this, I’ll attempt to give as much info as possible. My situation is that I have a rolled 2007.5 6.7 l dodge 2500 crew cab which the cab and box are pretty much done. I was however able to find a 2006 2500 crew cab, which is largely the same.

It they both have an auto trans, major differences are the stereo is the nicer in the 06 and it has a sunroof, I guess it’s the Laramie version.

My question is, what kind of hurting am I I’m for if I tackled a full cab swap. Aside from all the disconnects at the firewall, is the electrical going to be a nightmare? Or will it be close to plug and play?

Thanks,

yep here you go

https://youtu.be/GRnskysQKyc