2008 ram 1500 4.7 swap from 2010 durango 4.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Heck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been having a problem. i bought a 4.7 from a donar 2010 durango. Installed it in a 2008 ram 1500 that had a 4.7 in it already. It did have 16 plugs. seemed all to be the same but the knock sensor cable end. I can not get it to turn over just clicks. Motor did run in the durango. Could use some help.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it should be blud and play you most likely forgot to hook up something ect check the starter wires the little yellow one that slides on always has connection issues also check all your gound wires to the block.

OP
OP
M

Michael Heck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well the ground is good I even took jumper cables from the battery and grounded it to the engine and still the same. I can jump over the starter and make the engine turn over but no fire and or fuel. would there be a security issue? I aslo changed the selonoid on the fender and still no luch. I wonder if there is a wire that runs the fuel pump and the starter selonoid.Just irritating never have had a problem with a engine swap before.

OP
OP
M

Michael Heck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what i have found under the fuse box.Still not getting nothing fuel pump not turning on just a ckick unless i jump it through the fuse panel not sure if it is th=e right way to jump it but it works for me.Any ideas where these belong they are on drivers side they are hooked uonwith the wiper bottle and crash senor maybe this is the reason why?

Attachments

• IMG_0160 3 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_0160 3 Medium.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0161 3 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_0161 3 Medium.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0162 3 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_0162 3 Medium.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what i have found under the fuse box.Still not getting nothing fuel pump not turning on just a ckick unless i jump it through the fuse panel not sure if it is th=e right way to jump it but it works for me.Any ideas where these belong they are on drivers side they are hooked uonwith the wiper bottle and crash senor maybe this is the reason why?
Did you use the engine harness off the new engine or your old engine?

OP
OP
M

Michael Heck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the harness off the old engine. Someone spliced those wires in. And i do not remember taking those off. I never have this problem before and have done hundreds of motors over the years.

OP
OP
M

Michael Heck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well it ended up being a ground after putting another groung on. the one that went to the firewall and to each of the heads . That was not enough. Added a ground cable to the battery to the head and started right up.Crazy when you think you have a good enough ground it end up not being enough.