2009 Ram 1500 No crank No communication

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

August

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2009 ram 1500 with the 5.7 in it and had a bully dog tuner gt not being in use and decided to try get it onto the truck. I don’t think the truck took the tune and now the truck has a no crank no start issue with the security light flashing and the obd port having a linking error when I try use the tuner on it or my cheap code reader but still getting power. I have checked the fuses and made sure that the pin connectors in the obd were tight with no luck. I also tried going into the starter relay and jumping it with a paper clip and it will turn over but won’t start even with the key in the run position. When I try turn the key to crank it the radio and everything turns off but I assume that’s just the truck pulling power to start it. I have power every where else in the truck I believe and the radio works properly. I have heard that these trucks are pretty finnicky when it comes to batteries but I have tried jumping it and testing the battery but it still does nothing for it. Any idea of where to look first would be greatly appreciated as I am new to Ram. Or technically Dodge.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
In cold states a lot of stuff happens when it's cold regardless of what the battery tests at. Has something to do with capacity versus charge in the cold. You have great battery life but capacity goes to hell in the cold, see below. But, if you are dead crank this likely isnt the issue, the ignition might be. Now that I read your post a second time it might be battery, monday morning brain fog. Always the most likely culprit in cold start issues anyhow. chart explains it, not enough CCA.

Did you say you bypassed win module?

AAAAAAAAAZo%2fAYJGlGddSC4%2fs1600%2fBatteryCapLife.jpg

OP
OP
A

August

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t believe this is a battery problem because this happened early December before any snow hit the ground and I just haven’t gotten around to fixing it. I went into the fuse box and found the starter relay and connected two pins together with a paper clip and got it to crank but still a no start condition regardless of the key being in the run position.

OP
OP
A

August

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t know if it’s also worth nothing that the prnd doesn’t light up at all but all warning lights are on like check engine, abs, etc

OP
OP
A

August

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe that it is some kind of pcm failure but it seems to get power