2011 2500 Cummins Troble Codes: O2 sensor, Turbo boost, exhaust pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Perry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
My 2011 Cummins 2500 (53,000 miles) will, on occasion, run really rough when started and refuse to rev. I can get this to go away by shutting it off and restarting it. The photo shows the trouble codes. Can someone tell me what Bank 1, Sensor 2 means or where that would be located? is it likely the O2 sensor is bad or is it equally likely it's something else? Also, if anyone knows anything about the other 2 codes it would be appreciated.
Ram codes.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jim Perry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
Thank you very much. I will inform the dealer I know of this. Off hand, do you know if this is covered by the emissions warranty on a truck with only 53,000 miles?

Any idea about the other two codes?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
P226c is most likely your turbo actuator. Given this is a pre-DEF truck it could be soot buildup preventing it from moving to the commanded position or could just be a failing actuator (fairly common).

P0471 is back pressure sensor which could be clogged/dirty or maybe even related to the actuator but would inspect and clean it

For the other O2 codes I'd try and get that service bulletin performed and see where you stand after that.

OP
OP
J

Jim Perry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesel
I just posted another similar question to the one you answered. Please take a look again. While I maintain my own race cars, this diesel is foreign to me. I would not know what the actuator looks like or where it's located. Same goes for the back pressure sensor. Can you recommend a manual? The Ram service manual seems very difficult to navigate. (The $75-125 02 sensor replacement ended up costing me about $1000 at the dealer. My truck is very low miles but has gone past the emissions warranty date in terms of years, despite the known service bulletin.)