2011 Dodge Laramie head light buld question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LisaC

Reaction score
Ram Year
20qq
Engine
Hemi
On the passenger side it seems there is a low beam and a high beam bulb. On the drivers side, it seems both the low and high beam function from the same bulb and there is not even a hole for a high beam bulb on the drivers side. Is this normal for the 2011 Laramie?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Can you post a picture of the front of the truck showing both headlights?
I seen this years ago on a customers truck, it was built at the factory with two different headlights.

OP
OP
L

LisaC

Reaction score
Ram Year
20qq
Engine
Hemi
Just noticing this on a 12 year old truck is in itself puzzling.
Not when the truck belonged to your husband who didn't drive it much before passing and I'm now driving it. But thanks for your help

OP
OP
L

LisaC

Reaction score
Ram Year
20qq
Engine
Hemi
Can you post a picture of the front of the truck showing both headlights?
I seen this years ago on a customers truck, it was built at the factory with two different headlights.
Yes, tomorrow I will get a daytime and night time picture. Yeah, it definitely wasn't done while we had it and it was brand new when we purchased it

OP
OP
L

LisaC

Reaction score
Ram Year
20qq
Engine
Hemi
Not sure if you can see, but if you enlarge the night pictures, passenger side looks like a high been buld not lit, drivers side looks like a light lights the whole area. Meaning not dark like passenger side bottom

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@LisaC yeap you have a DUAL on the driver's side and a QUAD on the passenger side.
When you turn the brights on, do both bulbs stay illuminated on the passenger side?
Good news it's easy to swap to either headlight, you just need the headlight assembly which can be found fairly inexpensive.