2011 ram 1500 starting issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lanny Cartie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A few days ago I got the remote start and the truck wouldn't start it says remote start disabled. No biggie it has happened before. And no it's not low on fuel. So I went to start is manually and it wouldn't start, it just kept cranking over and wouldn't stop cranking. So I turned it off and tried again, the same thing. So I restated it but with the pedal to the floor to stop fuel so it wouldn't flood or at least more than it might have. After a good 30 seconds it finally fired up. No check engine light. This morning the wife took it to work and the same thing. Any ideas?

OP
OP
L

lanny Cartie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The wife just came home from work. She didn't use the remote start, just got in and turned the key and same thing it kept on trying to start. She shut the key off and held it all the way to the right and then it started. Seems something with the quick start.

OP
OP
L

lanny Cartie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Could it possibly be the fuel pump relay starting to go in the tipm?

sailtech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7l
So a while ago I had the same issue. It was intermittent. I finally did a google search to see if I could find anything. I found it's quite common and is related to the fuel relay & tipm. I found a company who specializes in this problem out of WVA. Their name is Vertical visions (veticalvisions.com) and they provided me with a TIPM bypass kit at reasonable cost. I haven't had the problem since. One of the benefits of this mod is that I can easily turn off the fuel supply so the the vehicle can't be stolen unless it's towed. They are very personable, will call you back if they say they will and more than helpful. Good luck & hope they might solve your problem

OP
OP
L

lanny Cartie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did the fuel pump bypass and that looks like it was the problem.