2012 ram 2500 no crank, new starter, new WIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update as of 31 Oct 21: Bought new TIPM from MAKS. I zip tied both battery cables to each other to do the reset. Well... I replaced the TIPM and went to install the batteries and LEFT THE RIGHT BATTERY TIED TO EACH OTHER! I quickly unplugged the left battery and checked all the fuses, nothing blown ??. Anyway,I finished the install and the truck started like normal. However, now I have no remote start, service 4x4, service electric trailer, and ABS lights are on. Please help!

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Even though technically the TIPM does not need to be programmed, it does need to be configured to the car. Therefore, a “Restore Vehicle Configuration” will be needed, which requires the VIN to be entered into the TIPM.

OP
OP
B

Bison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: 1 Nov 21. All is back to normal. I drove the truck around for about 10 mins. Got back home popped the hood, compared old TIPM to new TIPM and noticed a few fuses missing so I replaced them, pulled relays to check for any obvious damage and BOOM everything was back to normal. Remote start works, no check engine light, no codes! Drove it to work today, no issues. Summary, it was the TIPM from day one. Thanks all!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Update: 1 Nov 21. All is back to normal. I drove the truck around for about 10 mins. Got back home popped the hood, compared old TIPM to new TIPM and noticed a few fuses missing so I replaced them, pulled relays to check for any obvious damage and BOOM everything was back to normal. Remote start works, no check engine light, no codes! Drove it to work today, no issues. Summary, it was the TIPM from day one. Thanks all!
Yes, this is the known issue and largest culprit in these situations, glad you found it. Did you keep old TIPM? These can be fixed, and the future is kinda shakey, I might be inclined to put my old tipm on garage shelf instead of garbage,

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956