2013 4x4 8 speed swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josh1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm trying to gather parts for the 8 speed swap in my 2013. It's 4x4 so from some info I found on this site is should be a fairly straight forward swap.

I can't find much information about wiring it in with the original computer. I am trying not to have to use the sga standalone setup. I've read there's something that needs programmed in bcm with alfaobd, I already have hp tuners as well. Can someone help me with what I need to do with alfaob and/or hp tuners? Also help with wiring?
Thank you!

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Trying to find this out for my 2013 4.7 as well. I’m not sure what russell means when it comes down to using your factory wiring to wire up the 8HP. If i have to use an aftermarket harness and tap into a whole bunch of other stuff like how you would in a truck that didn’t have the 8 speed as an option i don’t think i would’ve gone as deep as i have into it.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Also, in HP Tuners somewhere there’s a selection for the transmission type. Yours most likely right now is set at 65RFE. If you were to do the swap, you would have to set it at 8HP70.

OP
OP
J

Josh1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, in HP Tuners somewhere there’s a selection for the transmission type. Yours most likely right now is set at 65RFE. If you were to do the swap, you would have to set it at 8HP70.
I can do that. Russell mentioned changing programming in hp tuners but said its something I can't do. And I'd have to send him the tcu. Something in the bcm as well with alfaobd. Total cost there is 400. No problem. I'm only stuck at the wiring. I can swap the trans and make everything bolt in no problem. I've done plenty of engine/transmission swaps in the past.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
I can do that. Russell mentioned changing programming in hp tuners but said its something I can't do. And I'd have to send him the tcu. Something in the bcm as well with alfaobd. Total cost there is 400. No problem. I'm only stuck at the wiring. I can swap the trans and make everything bolt in no problem. I've done plenty of engine/transmission swaps in the past.
I read that thread & it states that some of the 2014 models were wired for both transmissions so if yours is a late model 2013 its possible, will have to look.
If yours doesn't have you will need to get from salvage.