2013 Fueling adding additive problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ofrcboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2013 Ram 3500 SRW long bed Crew Cab 4X4 pickup. I can not fuel with the large fuel nozzle with out fuel squirting back out all over the side of my truck therefor have to use the small car nozzle. Also have the same problem trying to add fuel additive, I hold open the flap and pour in the additive and it comes back out all over the truck. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
It is getting cold and I need to add additive so my fuel won't gel. HELP! :Insane:

whatroads

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 3.92
I would check 2 things. Make sure the vent hose is clear and not crimped off. Unfortunatly, this may require dropping the gas tank. I would have the dealer do this unless you have a lift to assist with a drop the gas tank

Second, Check the evap hoses and assembly to make sure they are in good working order. Make sure hoses are tight and nothing is cracked, (evap canister or hose), or otherwise crimped off

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have heard of DEF pumps at truck stops blowing the hose off

Becareful with the additives you put into your '13, theyre picky
Where do you live? It has to get pretty damn cold for winter blend diesel to gel up

OP
OP
O

ofrcboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Truck is new with only 3500 miles so will have the dealer check it out. I am in southern Oregon so temps can get below 0 for days. Worked trucks in winter up until my retirement and we always had to cut diesel fuel more than at the pump or we had problems. I also have run Lucas fuel lubricant in my old Dodge and wanted to do the same with the new Ram but can't get it in the tank. DEF tank will fill easy, no problem there just the new cap less filler. I have also heard Fords have problems fueling with the big Nozzle.