2014 1500 front windows only work intermittently

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toooch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Posted this in electronics but seems it was in the wrong place, so posting here. Sorry for cross posting.

Gang-
Bought a used '14 1500 Laramie that had been in a front ender. Rear windows work fine but fronts don't always work from driver or pass sides. My friend is a service writer at a dealer and I asked him to get me the module (not the master switch). He misunderstood and got the master switch. For grins, I swapped it out and sure enough, same thing - rears work fine, nothing from the front. Hooked the old one back up and the fronts started working again. So we know there's nothing wrong with the motors and the wiring is ok. Shut the truck off, started it back up and now they don't work again. While I had the panel off I made sure all the sockets were seated everywhere and also discovered that the module behind the panel has nothing to do with the windows (pulled the connectors out of all the sockets and the rear windows still worked fine).

What electronics are between the master switch and the window motors? I assume the wiring heads through the harness somewhere under the hood to some master window controller?

Thanks in advance for any help.

OP
OP
Toooch

Toooch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Dealer tried to Dx this and said it needed a wiring harness. It just miraculously started working fine the other day. Just closing out the thread.