2014 Finally Back!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Spiker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I finally got my baby back!! I couldn’t be happier. After an unhappy year of leveling kit bouncies I bit the bullet and got a real lift kit. My local off road guy got me a 4” SuperLift kit with the Bilstiens for just a tick over $1500.00. I searched and searched for rims I liked as well as the factory chrome but no luck. Every wheel I picked looked so much like my stockers I could justify the cost. So I opted for the Rough Country 2” spacers and called it a day. OMG, it rides SO nice again!! As good as, if not better than stock. I hated the ride with the leveling kit.

B94A35B1-D5BF-4644-97E0-DE5C42AAF84B.jpeg

OP
OP
Jeff Spiker

Jeff Spiker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I forgot to add... I went with the Kenda Kleavers RT in 35 x 12.50 and love them. Nice ride, hardly any road noise at all and so far seem to have plenty of bite when needed!!

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Looks great...

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I finally got my baby back!! I couldn’t be happier. After an unhappy year of leveling kit bouncies I bit the bullet and got a real lift kit. My local off road guy got me a 4” SuperLift kit with the Bilstiens for just a tick over $1500.00. I searched and searched for rims I liked as well as the factory chrome but no luck. Every wheel I picked looked so much like my stockers I could justify the cost. So I opted for the Rough Country 2” spacers and called it a day. OMG, it rides SO nice again!! As good as, if not better than stock. I hated the ride with the leveling kit.

View attachment 230545

You can't go wrong with the stock RAM wheels with beefier tires. I almost opted for running my stock Sport rims with 35's and 1.5" Bora spacers year round.

I ended up just keeping the Sport rims for winter with 275-65-20 Duratracs with the 1.5" spacers.

ywf97F9.jpg

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

View attachment 230545

That's a nice upgrade!

The 4" lift takes the stress off of the ball joints that a leveling kit causes.

In my opinion at the very least an offsetting upper ball joint needs to be ran to give the stretched suspension room to cycle properly and not jar the hell put of you.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Looks great, Ive had leveled and lifted, its like now someone should skip the level...lifted looks so darn good.

OP
OP
Jeff Spiker

Jeff Spiker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!! I couldn’t agree more on the lift vs leveling debate. After one year with the leveling kit my stock UCA’s were shot, the ball joints were ready to come out. I’m proud to post my truck with the other gorgeous Rams I see on here! Thanks again!!!

OP
OP
Jeff Spiker

Jeff Spiker

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love the look of the 4" kits. To me it is perfect.
Couldn’t agree more!! I could have gotten the 6” kit for about 50.00 more, but after serious consideration I opted for the 4” for numerous reasons. First off is ease of entry, not for me, but my wife. She is only a touch over 5’ 1” and struggled with entry with the leveling kit. Another 1.5” plus an additional 1” with the tires I think would have really caused her some grief. Also my 8 y/o daughter also has to crawl into it now, on school days it’s her and a friend with backpacks trying to get in and out. I don’t want one of them falling. And honestly, like you, I just prefer the look of a well dressed Ram with a nice 4” lift. You big lift guys get loads of respect as well, but for me, the 4” kits was perfect!

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2014: check
Bright white: check
Laramie: check
4” Superlift w/Bils: check
Stock rims w/35’s: check
I’ve seen something like this before......

E6FCA4B7-30B3-46AF-9F68-2D4557CC1392.jpeg

Sweet ride man, enjoy!