2014 RAM 1500 Express Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
So I figured you'd be super interested in this....my buddy has those milestar patagonias on his 2 door jk. I did a 4dr Rubicon suspension swap on his jeep today and when he took me on the shake down ride I was floored. The tires are wearing like typical live axle tires and feathering the outside shoulders a bit. It was raining and the jeeps a soft top.......my point with this all, they are ******* insanely quiet, like my hankook dynapro atms I had stock were the same mild pitch. There's a SLIGHT hum but I had to try so hard to hear it over the soft top it was pointless. Mind you this kid has mechanical aptitude of a good fish so he doesn't rotate anything. There's no slippage, no noise, no nothing. Aside from these ******** being HEAVY they are a home run! I'm really really trying to be responsible here and keep it mild but Jesus Christ these things are mind blowing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I figured you'd be super interested in this....my buddy has those milestar patagonias on his 2 door jk. I did a 4dr Rubicon suspension swap on his jeep today and when he took me on the shake down ride I was floored. The tires are wearing like typical live axle tires and feathering the outside shoulders a bit. It was raining and the jeeps a soft top.......my point with this all, they are ******* insanely quiet, like my hankook dynapro atms I had stock were the same mild pitch. There's a SLIGHT hum but I had to try so hard to hear it over the soft top it was pointless. Mind you this kid has mechanical aptitude of a good fish so he doesn't rotate anything. There's no slippage, no noise, no nothing. Aside from these ******** being HEAVY they are a home run! I'm really really trying to be responsible here and keep it mild but Jesus Christ these things are mind blowing.

Thats what I've seen in pretty much every review of them out there. That's my next tire when the Falkens need to be replaced, though that will take a while considering I'm going down 1/32 every 5k, currently at 16/32 out of 19/32 brand new and I have 14k miles on them.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Thats what I've seen in pretty much every review of them out there. That's my next tire when the Falkens need to be replaced, though that will take a while considering I'm going down 1/32 every 5k, currently at 16/32 out of 19/32 brand new and I have 14k miles on them.
My duratracs are twice as loud and rougher riding. I'm no scientist but put that damn hemi to use and burn them tires offfffff

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m at a different Firestone shop this morning getting the truck aligned after cranking on the coilovers and after the offroad trip last week, apparently the alignment was all over the place as this dude took little more rah 1 hour to get truck aligned, but even though I provided the specs I wanted I got the truck back with the typical minivan alignment, 3 caster and 0.4 camber lol.

I’ve politely refused to accept the truck back with that chitty alignment and have asked them to redo the job so the truck is back into the alignment rack. ******** it.

Hope I can get a decent alignment job at this location.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I’m at a different Firestone shop this morning getting the truck aligned after cranking on the coilovers and after the offroad trip last week, apparently the alignment was all over the place as this dude took little more rah 1 hour to get truck aligned, but even though I provided the specs I wanted I got the truck back with the typical minivan alignment, 3 caster and 0.4 camber lol.

I’ve politely refused to accept the truck back with that chitty alignment and have asked them to redo the job so the truck is back into the alignment rack. ******** it.

Hope I can get a decent alignment job at this location.
Why do these places always get twisted over asking for specific specs??

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why do these places always get twisted over asking for specific specs??

Wish I knew. I’m loosing time and they have to do the job twice. Cant wait for pay time because it seems most of these shops don’t check for the lifetime alignment status until you let them know to find you in the computer.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And they got it right 2nd time. She drives amazing once again. Now at the kids soccer games so I’ll post the sheet later on :)

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
600lbs of weight in the back and she handles dirt without sweating one bit, i need to relocate the spare from the bed. The damn 35 wheel/tire setup in the bed really uses a lot of real state back there and i'm starting to hate having to organize all the chit i throw in there trying to optimize the space left. I'm thinking rather than a front bumper i need to get something like Wilco Hitchgate Solo or similar approach :) bumper will be nice to have but at the moment functionality wise i need more space in the bed. Summer is coming and the outdoor trips with the family will start increasing.
46710537035_7fa16cf6f0_h.jpg2019-04-16_06-31-15 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

40659792463_ec0046b1b6_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr

Last edited:

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
600lbs of weight in the back and she handles dirt without sweating one bit, i need to relocate the spare from the bed. The damn 35 wheel/tire setup in the bed really uses a lot of real state back there and i'm starting to hate having to organize all the chit i throw in there trying to optimize the space left. I'm thinking rather than a front bumper i need to get something like Wilco Hitchgate Solo or similar approach :) bumper will be nice to have but at the moment functionality wise i need more space in the bed. Summer is coming and the outdoors trip with the family will start increasing.
46710537035_7fa16cf6f0_h.jpg2019-04-16_06-31-15 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

40659792463_ec0046b1b6_h.jpgUntitled by RAM RSM, on Flickr
Test out some hitch gate goodness and I'll snag the bumper up. I'm looking at them as well, this spare tire nonsense is beyond annoying at this point.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found this company makes a hitch spare carrier for around $300 and change (Knuclebone carrier, they have another version more expensive, but if the $300 one works i'll say **** it)
https://detoursofmaine.com/
I did send them them amessage from their website this afternoon to check if this model can fit the RAM and to gather more details about the 3 different opening options they have and what could fit the truck the best.