2014 SPECIFIC Cab Light Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Finally installed my Mopar cab lights last weekend. The instructions say to tap into the LH parking light wire in the BCM...yeah right, the BCM is so far up under the dash that there is no hope of reaching it without major surgery.

Can someone help me with an alternate tap point? I'd love to get it on the LH parking light like suggested so they'll flash with the lock/un-lock.

Thanks!

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Trace it back from the LH parking light

mkasner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dude its simple. Open the passenger door, there is a little access panel next to the glove box. Pop it off. Then you'll see a connector in there, look for a white and green striped wire on that connector (coming from the truck). Splice there.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
just remember, all electronics only come from the factory with 1 puff of smoke in the smoke dispenser. ya use it ya loose it :roflsquared:

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Dude its simple. Open the passenger door, there is a little access panel next to the glove box. Pop it off. Then you'll see a connector in there, look for a white and green striped wire on that connector (coming from the truck). Splice there.

Now that's what I was hoping to hear! I know exactly where you're talking about, is it white with a green stripe or green with a white stripe?

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
We have to cut our wires at the same time. On 3, cut the gray wire.

Wait, what? I don't have a gray wire. Mine are blue, red, and yellow. What color are your wires?

Light gray, gray, and dark gray.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
We have to cut our wires at the same time. On 3, cut the gray wire.

Wait, what? I don't have a gray wire. Mine are blue, red, and yellow. What color are your wires?

Light gray, gray, and dark gray.

but if you mix blue, red, and yellow you will get a very dark color that is close to dark grey so I say cut all of them.

mkasner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is a White wire, green stripe....

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Mine was purple and gray wire

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 34

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
That BCM is a PITA to get to. Loaded truck, take the pre-amp down, then get in there and undo all them connections to install the AMP steps! Man it was a pain for sure!

The roof lights was easy. Green/white wire on the pass side like mentioned. The factory mopar kit is so amazing! Love mine!

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
So how did all you guys find that wire on the passenger side? I'm going looking for it tomorrow morning...wish me luck!

mkasner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's on the connector right there inside the panel...

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
It's on the connector right there inside the panel...

No, I mean HOW did you know that was the wire to tap? Were you looking with a tester or did you read it online or is it common knowledge? There are so many friggin wires in that truck I didn't even know where to begin until you guys responded.

OP
OP
Snake_Eyes

Snake_Eyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I wired it all up (white w/green) today and it works great. Thanks for the help guys!