2015 doesnt recognize fob to unlock door or to start vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j2dadash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello

Parked my ram at night and it was fine. The next morning I went to unlock my door with the key fob didnt work. I manually opened the door then put my key in the ignition, nothing happened ( dash board didnt light up or anything). I naturally assumed the battery in my key was bad. Changed it out, nothing, changed the battery and fuse box to vehicle nothing. I even had a lock smith come out to change my whole key but somehow he could not sync to the car. I checked the plug by the gas pedal that goes to the bcm but it seemed fine.

Has anyone had this issue before I take it to dodge and get pimped lol

Weldin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'm somewhat curious if this is partially realted to what I am dealing with now as I have noticed my fab has been acting up lately. Will start the truck but won't unlock the doors. My truck recently experienced a really bad start up and now won't start at all. Thinking it's starter related, but I don't know enough to say.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I recently had some issue with one of my Ram FOBs

It is the type FOB that fits in the ignition

It was doing some strange things
I would get near the Ram with the FOB in my jeans pocket & the horn would give a quick light sounding beep or beeps.
The truck would slightly move the drivers door lock, it may have moved them all, i did not notice.

I stopped using that FOB, i figured that i would clean the whole inside of the FOB, but i did not have any Eye Glass screw drivers.

I used the spare FOB & all was well

Last week i took the Ram in for an oil & filter change
I took both FOBs, more or less out of habit.

I went to get medicine at the drug store & the horn beeped a couple times, no reason for it.

I got home & put the FOB that i thought may be bad back on the shelf.

Today, i heard beeping, sometimes a single beep, other times several beeps.
I looked out into the court yard & my apartment manager was sitting next to my Ram, he made no indication that my Ram was acting up, at that time.
Later he came to the door & suggested that i check my Remote.

I grabbed the Remote off the shelf & realized i still needed a very small Philips Screwdriver.

Luckily i remembered that i might have a small tool box of nothing but tools for working on full sized computers & there was a few in there.

I lost the little screw, but it does not matter
The printed circuit board got so hot, that the little plastic contacts on the button side of the case & the printed circuit board, have FUSED together
The green board has tiny bubbles & a couple of scorched spots on it