2015 Ram 1500 Big Horn Headlight issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ClarkR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Previous owner must have replaced the headlights, Halogen, 4 bulb, slightly tinted. I can't align the low beams sufficiently as the elevation adjustment maxes out, low beams are to low, high beams can spot planes, so I'm guessing they were manufactured incorrectly for the light paths to split in such a manner with a single adjuster. The stance of the pickup is only slightly up in the rear. I really don'ts want to readjust the headlights and drive around on lowered high beams, their light diffusion is different than low beams for on-coming traffic.

I'm looking for clear halogen system that's effective and affordable. I simply cant afford Ram's direct replacements and there are so many versions of after market manufactories out there, I'm looking for first hand advise and guidance in purchase sources, thanks.

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try a salvage yard for cheaper OE replacements. Americantrucks.com has OE style quads for ~$160 per side, depending on your preferences.

OP
OP
ClarkR

ClarkR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Noted. thanks for the response. I've been looking at Americantrucks, might go that route.

OP
OP
ClarkR

ClarkR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, purchased from AT, clear headlights, still not high enough. Rake is only 2 inches higher in rear (Stock). Best I could get lights adjusted were -28 inches. It really needs to be around 34 for 25 foot range setting as the light centers are at 36 ground to center. I have the old set I took out, I'm going into them to see if I can bump the reflective cone up a tad by hand now.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, purchased from AT, clear headlights, still not high enough. Rake is only 2 inches higher in rear (Stock). Best I could get lights adjusted were -28 inches. It really needs to be around 34 for 25 foot range setting as the light centers are at 36 ground to center. I have the old set I took out, I'm going into them to see if I can bump the reflective cone up a tad by hand now.
Are the original ones oem or are they aftermarket? Aftermarket reflector lights are real spotty in terms of beam pattern. Ones I've tried had absolutely trashy beam patterns no matter what bulb I used.

OP
OP
ClarkR

ClarkR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ones I removed appears to be aftermarket no Ram / Mopar branding around the lens edge. It's frustrating for such a simple thing but hay, 6 inches to low at 25 feet on the aiming board, real world all light terminates within 75 feet distance, no where near good enough. It's getting to the point of contacting a dealership in my area (North Florida) to take corrective action and bite the bullet but no guarantee they will fix it and I know it will be painful.