2016 Ram 150 Transmission getting hot. What are my options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMcD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2016 ram has the pentastar and 845re transmission. I recently bought it used and though it runs great and the transmission shifts great with no issue, it’s running hot to me. On the interstate it runs around 199 but once i get into the city with stop and go traffic, i can see 222 at times (this is flat ground, no hills). I ordered a Revmax transmission heater blocking plate but is this the best option? I suspect the transmission heater on the side is bad but i can’t verify it. Whats everyone’s thoughts? Truck has 65k miles. Thanks.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Have a read. I make this part and I should have more ready this week, next week at latest.

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bought the Revmax kit before caulk04 made his part. They accomplish the same thing with different methods. Both eliminate the heater flow so if that is the issue, one or the other should bring you temps down. I haven't been over 165 degrees since installing mine, and that was towing an enclosed trailer through the rocky mountains. If you do install the Revmax kit, make sure you install both pieces as the forum figured out one of them alone is a recipe for failure. If you are still having temperature issues after that, check your cooler lines to make sure there is nothing clogging flow.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My 2016 ram has the pentastar and 845re transmission. I recently bought it used and though it runs great and the transmission shifts great with no issue, it’s running hot to me. On the interstate it runs around 199 but once i get into the city with stop and go traffic, i can see 222 at times (this is flat ground, no hills). I ordered a Revmax transmission heater blocking plate but is this the best option? I suspect the transmission heater on the side is bad but i can’t verify it. Whats everyone’s thoughts? Truck has 65k miles. Thanks.
Cancel the Revmax kit and get one of Jesse's/Caulk04's bypasses instead.It's a better option then the over priced Revmax kit.If you want some reading here's a thread on the Revmax kit.

OP
OP
GMcD

GMcD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cancel the Revmax kit and get one of Jesse's/Caulk04's bypasses instead.It's a better option then the over priced Revmax kit.If you want some reading here's a thread on the Revmax kit.

That is exactly what i did. I am waiting on him to get them. Thanks!