2017 SLT 1500 High Beam adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soonerbob61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Just bought a well taken care of 2017 1500 SLT. I didn't like the dingy stock headlights so I bought some new LED bulbs to make things a bit whiter. I see on several threads here as well as YouTube that the only way to adjust the beams is to use the hole nearest the cab with the arrow (Thanks Dodge) and use a t20 torx to adjust up and down. Is there no way to adjust the low and high beam separately or independently? All the headlights I've ever adjusted in the past could be adjusted separately:insane:

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not if you have quads.

And if you do have quads there is no need to adjust them separately.
Problem is everyone adjusts their lights so that they can see, never considering the fact that they are blinding oncoming traffic - just because you don't get flashed doesn't mean you aren't blinding oncoming traffic.
Yet everyone will say, my lights are adjusted perfect.

Where I live if 1 out of 5000 cars using POS LED bulbs that didn't come with LED lights is adjusted correctly, as to not be too bright for oncoming traffic, it would be a miracle. Rant over.

Last edited:

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just bought a well taken care of 2017 1500 SLT. I didn't like the dingy stock headlights so I bought some new LED bulbs to make things a bit whiter. I see on several threads here as well as YouTube that the only way to adjust the beams is to use the hole nearest the cab with the arrow (Thanks Dodge) and use a t20 torx to adjust up and down. Is there no way to adjust the low and high beam separately or independently? All the headlights I've ever adjusted in the past could be adjusted separately:insane:
No, the high and low beam reflectors are molded as one piece and move via the single adjustment. If your high beams are way out of whack, then the bulbs aren't seated or clocked correctly, or they're just poorly designed bulbs.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I can't help but think about, when the headlights are out
Is there a way to slip a thin shim onto the mounting bracket ?

The last time that i had a headlight out, i was rushed to get the new one back in. I was miles away from home

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can't help but think about, when the headlights are out
Is there a way to slip a thin shim onto the mounting bracket ?

The last time that i had a headlight out, i was rushed to get the new one back in. I was miles away from home
The mounting bracket for the bolts or that holds the bulb?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
YES, just a thin shim could shift it left or right & possibly up & down ?