2018 Alpine System/Speaker questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JinxCanada

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ok. so as I posted I just bought a brand new 2018 Longhorn with the Alpine system it in. It's ok...but not great.

As I understand it the Alpine speakers are 2ohm? And...the front doors are only getting "mid bass" frequencies? but the rear doors are getting a FULL frequency of sound? Is this correct?

What frequency are the 3 dash speakers getting? Full range? Mids? Highs?

I ask because I'm already considering upgrading the speakers to something better.

I still have my Kicker CS 6x9's and 3.5" that I had installed in my 2010 Sport...I was considering putting them into my new Longhorn. Would this be a good idea or a mistake? I find the sound of the Alpine very flat and lifeless.

Last question is...I've seen lots of talk about swapping out the stock sub to an Alpine shallow sub. Will this give me more bass or just "cleaner" bass? I don't find it bad..but again it's nothing like I had in my Sport.

I'm trying to do as little as possible. I don't want to start tearing all my panels off when I haven't even owned the truck for a full week yet. Any help would be great and thank you!

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes.

I forget exactly, I posted up in one of the threads but I believe dash speakers are about 200hz and up.

You can try it... you already have everything and swapping speakers is only a few minutes. I would probably just upgrade the 3.5s. and leave front doors factory. Again you have everything already so play with different combos.

I assume you mean the Pioneer shallow sub. From what I have read it just provides a better sound but not louder.

There may be a few underlying problems though. FCAU seems to put out gremlin premium audio systems. These systems just sound bad even though they are factory, and other cars with identical systems sound much better.

Also, and a bigger issue is your music source. FM sounds flat, Sirius is much better, but the Alpine really comes to life when I plug in my iPhone.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
Last edited:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just an FYI... 604Junkie (member here) is wanting to sell his Mopar Kicker upgrade speakers. They are a direct replacement for the Alpine system. He had some wrong info and bought the wrong set of speakers from Mopar. You might hit him up and see if you guys can work something out. He's up there in Canada, so it might be easier on shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk