2018 OEM tailgate assist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I got mine today, but I noticed there is no loctite and none mentioned in the instructions. Did Deezee stop using loctite for a reason that you guys know of?

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I got mine today, but I noticed there is no loctite and none mentioned in the instructions. Did Deezee stop using loctite for a reason that you guys know of?
The loctite on the newer struts is already applied to the threads. No need to mess with the little bottle anymore.

Toddz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The loctite on the newer struts is already applied to the threads. No need to mess with the little bottle anymore.
I just saw that this morning. It was a quick easy install, and with the plates I think it eliminated any prior issues. Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

oldroy61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
I bought another from Amazon received it today, one empty envelope,
I think its a SIGN!!!

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I bought another from Amazon received it today, one empty envelope,
I think its a SIGN!!!
Time to go to you local parts store…. Or buy direct from DeeZee.

Pepboys does sell then

OP
OP
O

oldroy61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
Already paid for this one, Amazon said its on the way.
But no tracking number, Scary

Seth Richards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l Hemi
I put the deezee tailgate assist on my truck a couple years ago and it was great. But a couple days ago I opened the tailgate and it slammed down to my surprise. The bolt holding the shock to the tailgate bent enough for the shock to come off. So now I have to try to remove the bent bolt and figure out how to find a replacement.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
I put the deezee tailgate assist on my truck a couple years ago and it was great. But a couple days ago I opened the tailgate and it slammed down to my surprise. The bolt holding the shock to the tailgate bent enough for the shock to come off. So now I have to try to remove the bent bolt and figure out how to find a replacement.

That's strange because you'd think the stock cables would stop the tailgate before the shock ran out of stroke.

Seth Richards

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 l Hemi
I think so too. Im not sure how the bolt got bent though. Maybe my cables are a smidge too long. I really dont know what happened.

Ramagain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That fact that my gen4 tailgate feels like it's half the mass of my gen 1, 2, or 3 tailgates is like having a spring on the thing. Hell, it might be lighter than my Gen1 and 2 Dakota tailgates too.
I bought the piston assist for my Gen4 18 months ago. Did the interior mods and never got around to installing it. Now I can't remember where I placed it. :eek:

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Contact DeeZee. Others report that they have excellent customer service and warranty.

Kgbship

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Does anyone know if there is OEM tailgate assist for 2013 -2018?
I was really impressed by the '21 assist hoping there's one like it
for the '13-'18 trucks. thanks
I installed an American Truck brand tailgate assist on my 2016 Ram with out any problems. It works great.