2018 Ram 2500 Retractable mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

w00dman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I bought a used 2018 Ram 2500 last year from a friend. The truck has the Trailer Side mirrors with all the options except electric folding. I see I can get the electric folding mirrors for it but am wondering if anyone knows if the internal wiring harness will have the connections to hook up the folding option just hanging inside the door panel. There's a place for the switch in the driver's side door for it but no switch. I can't believe they would make a special wiring harness for every option available. I would appreciate any information anyone can provide. Thank you in advance.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
you need the power folding tow mirrors, there are 3 or 4 brands, the GM Style that fits Rams is mentioned often.

as to the drivers door Master Switch
look for the symbol between the L & R

I believe that to make the Power Folding Tow Mirror fold & extend, you may need to have the Code programmed by the dealership or buy one that works with your phone & another device

you can buy & install the parts before or after the code is programmed in

There is also the possibility, that you may need to purchase a DOOR MODULE
It is hidden in the Drivers door, behind the panel on the door