2019 1500 Tradesman Classic with no remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bodiny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently purchased a 2019 1500 Tradesman Classic that didnt have factory remote start installed. The dealer told when at the time of purchase that I could have it installed by the service dept whenever i was ready. I called back to the service dept to setup and appt to have it installed and the rep asked for my vin number and she told me it wasnt available for the Tradesman. I thought this was a little odd as I've seen an OEM remote start kit on the Mopar website for the Tradesman as well as other models. Im thinking about heading to another dealer and seeing if they say the same thing. Anybody have any info on this issue and how i can get this resolved. Would be greatly appreciated. ( I have keyless entry with 2 key fobs without the remote start function)

OP
OP
Bodiny

Bodiny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, thats the one i ran across, im gonna take this up to the dealer and see if they can install it for me. Thanks for the info and I'll let you know what they say!!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
You can use alfaobd to program the remote start.

I believe on the classics it's the same on the 17-18 all you technically need to do is replace the fob overlay (the fobs already have remote start contact) and can either just buy the hood latch and make your own harness (2 wires) or just ground pin 11 at the bcm and be done. Or buy the remote start kit.

Alfaobd $49 Google play store or download through alfaobd.com for windows

Obdlink mx bluetooth obd2 $60-70 reader Amazon

Security bypass cable that @DeereGuy https://www.kaodtech.com/products sells

Even with the extra cost of alfaobd and the associated products it would still be cheaper than having the dealer do it. Plus having alfaobd gives you the ability to add more features that a dealer is unable too

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Dad_Jokes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the mopar remote start works on the tradesman just fine. If you have issues at the next dealer just pm me. parts counter person is a moron.

OP
OP
Bodiny

Bodiny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys for the info, i called a local dealer and they said the kit would work and theyd install it, guess the other dealer really didnt want to do it

Lildikgang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the mopar remote start works on the tradesman just fine. If you have issues at the next dealer just pm me. parts counter person is a moron.
Hey I been having issues with my dealer trying to do this and get a key fob for my truck mine came brand new with the two metal keys and no key fob to insert where the metal key inserts

DaveSharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can use alfaobd to program the remote start.

I believe on the classics it's the same on the 17-18 all you technically need to do is replace the fob overlay (the fobs already have remote start contact) and can either just buy the hood latch and make your own harness (2 wires) or just ground pin 11 at the bcm and be done. Or buy the remote start kit.

Alfaobd $49 Google play store or download through alfaobd.com for windows

Obdlink mx bluetooth obd2 $60-70 reader Amazon

Security bypass cable that @DeereGuy https://www.kaodtech.com/products sells

Even with the extra cost of alfaobd and the associated products it would still be cheaper than having the dealer do it. Plus having alfaobd gives you the ability to add more features that a dealer is unable too

If I understand correctly, all you need do is change the fob face, ground pin 11 and activate it in AlphaOBD? Do you know if that works for 2019 models and up? I have a remote start right now, but when it fails which it inevitably will, I'd like to take this route. 2019 Bighorn 2500 6.4

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
If I understand correctly, all you need do is change the fob face, ground pin 11 and activate it in AlphaOBD? Do you know if that works for 2019 models and up? I have a remote start right now, but when it fails which it inevitably will, I'd like to take this route. 2019 Bighorn 2500 6.4

Classics yes, 5th gens the pin might be in a different location. @Jimmy07 may know for sure

1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250