2019 Classic with eTorque?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I purchasec a New 2019 Classic a couple weeks ago. Does the Classic have the eTorque?

Are there any differences between the 2018 and 2019 classic?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
no, they classic is basically a 4th gen ram so no eTorque

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I got one as well, didn't want NBS 2019.

No etorque.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, 19 classic is a MY 18, called a MY 19 with depending upon ordered, cosmetic stuff. Only the 5th Gens Hemi-s ordered with the Etorque, and the V6 Penstars have the E-torque. SHOULD be interesting to find out what FCA is doing to the "new improved" ED..

ADDED: MY 19 was built in July, and non-Etorque, works for me....

OP
OP
JustStrokeit383
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So I should reach 1,000 miles on my way home today. When is the first oil change recommended?

I have a maintenance plan with the dealer. Does everyone trust the dealer to use the correct oils as well as doing a good job? Or do most you guys do the maintenance yourself?

OP
OP
JustStrokeit383
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No, 19 classic is a MY 18, called a MY 19 with depending upon ordered, cosmetic stuff. Only the 5th Gens Hemi-s ordered with the Etorque, and the V6 Penstars have the E-torque. SHOULD be interesting to find out what FCA is doing to the "new improved" ED..

ADDED: MY 19 was built in July, and non-Etorque, works for me....

I was driving a mid 90's truck before this new one. The new one shifts different. Sometimes it feels like a slip, and sometimes it feels like it bangs in to gear and im not sure if im having an issue or it is the difference in a 25 year old truck...

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JUST: U may get the dreaded slight bang from 2nd to 1st when slowing down to a stop. If U roll stop, U may notice, especially is accelerating and not stopping completely. These new 8spHP75 things finicky ones. Now If U get constant banging, U may have to go back and get TCM checked, reflashed (also have them check drive shaft). Remember, these new transmissions have to "learn" your driving behavior, almost like AI in trans. All above IMHO and from reading numerous other posts. I am happy with mine, have 7200 on it now, took a 4050 mile trip in August, truck was pretty cool, but maybe my senility and dementia showing, LOL

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I was driving a mid 90's truck before this new one. The new one shifts different. Sometimes it feels like a slip, and sometimes it feels like it bangs in to gear and im not sure if im having an issue or it is the difference in a 25 year old truck...
It takes a while for the transmission to "learn" your driving style. It has something like 40 different profiles that it can utilize to "tailor" itself to your driving style.

OP
OP
JustStrokeit383
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
thanks guys, that was gonna be my next question. I drove a diesel with an allison transmission and it was the same way.

I have babied the truck and thats when it shifts funny. so im sure the others test driving the vehicle was heavy on the throttle. when i do accelerate with authority it shifts smooth and firm.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have the maintenance plan let the dealer do the service, especially the first one. The robot that installs the filter at the factory usually torques it at about 1000lbs(well maybe a little less)and it is a ***** to get off. I always let the dealer do the first oil and filter change. After that you can decide after you check to see what kind of work they do. I think that the dealers have a deal with Pennzoil so the oil they use is good oil. I usually take my own filter in and they use it, but the factory filters aren't bad, I just like the Royal Purple filters better.
Jay

OP
OP
JustStrokeit383
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks!

I will probably just let them do it, the way they do it. I havent owned a new vehicle before now. I also got a 7 year bumper 2 bumper warranty. I would hate to void any of that.

OP
OP
JustStrokeit383
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you have the maintenance plan let the dealer do the service, especially the first one. The robot that installs the filter at the factory usually torques it at about 1000lbs(well maybe a little less)and it is a ***** to get off. I always let the dealer do the first oil and filter change. After that you can decide after you check to see what kind of work they do. I think that the dealers have a deal with Pennzoil so the oil they use is good oil. I usually take my own filter in and they use it, but the factory filters aren't bad, I just like the Royal Purple filters better.
Jay

do you recommend a certain mileage for the first oil change? im thinking 3,000.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That would work for me, but everyone has their pwn ideas. Some people run anywhere from 3000 to 7500 and some even to 10,000. My brain just won't let me do that. I think you'll be good at 3k for the first one.
Jay

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Jay

PULLYA: I get lifetime $18.00 oil changes at dealership. They just charge me a bit more than $18 because I make them put Full synthetic oil in (quarts from parts department) instead of partial synthetic blend bulk.. Works for me...

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That would work for me, but everyone has their pwn ideas. Some people run anywhere from 3000 to 7500 and some even to 10,000. My brain just won't let me do that. I think you'll be good at 3k for the first one.
Jay

I did mine at 4800. But because I took a 4050 mile trip. Once got back "home" had 1st change done. Good break in period...(all sush now, engines not got break in, hee hee, cause If U have ever pulled an engine part after initial put together, U would know they indeed have a break in period). ALL IMHO

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
JUST: U may get the dreaded slight bang from 2nd to 1st when slowing down to a stop. If U roll stop, U may notice, especially is accelerating and not stopping completely. These new 8spHP75 things finicky ones. Now If U get constant banging, U may have to go back and get TCM checked, reflashed (also have them check drive shaft). Remember, these new transmissions have to "learn" your driving behavior, almost like AI in trans. All above IMHO and from reading numerous other posts. I am happy with mine, have 7200 on it now, took a 4050 mile trip in August, truck was pretty cool, but maybe my senility and dementia showing, LOL

The Classic's still use the 8HP70 transmissions,you need the new body style 19 to get the upgraded 8HP75.The MY Classics are FCA's way of using up 2018 left over parts

OP
OP
JustStrokeit383
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
is there a list of when maintenance is due? such as oil, fuel filter, transmission, etc..?

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In your manual. You can look or download. ALSO, U can go on Ram Owners Site, make an account, put in your VIN< and all the suggested MX intervals and SUGGESTED MX listed there:

https://www.mopar.com/ramtrucks/en-us.html

JUST: I tried to attach the PDF manual here but too large. U have to go and download

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
is there a list of when maintenance is due? such as oil, fuel filter, transmission, etc..?

Try phoning this number for the factory owners /u-connect and warrenty booklets.Used to be you could get the printed 700 page owner manual plus the other 2 manuals free from FCA if you're the first registered owner of the vechicle,applies to both cars and trucks

Canada 1-800-387-1143

US 1-800-423-6343

Have your Vin number handy,they'll ask you for it.

OP
OP
JustStrokeit383
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks guys! I found the website but it wasnt very handy on my phone. But ill look it up on the desk top and see what they recommend!