2019 HD Tail lights in a 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You dont want to do the mod? If not you can sell them really quickly. cee788af802c858e607a281fa8a1567f.jpg
OMG that was for BOTH? I saw that auction but it only read "right light".

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OMG that was for BOTH? I saw that auction but it only read "right light".

No. This was another, in this one he dont post pictures of the back of the lights. I ask him for those pictures, when he respond with the pictures I buy them really quickly. And I know the other listing that you are talking, I ask to the guy if he was selling both or just one. He toll me that like the pictures show. Both. Then I try to make him reduce the shipping that was 121$ but he never responded.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes. The H13 but I was trying to get the exact plug...
All I can say is, good luck. I emailed yazaki about the female connector and asked if a male mate existed- they said, “not that we make”. I asked for the drawings for it- they said “you’d have to contact the OEM that holds them”. I wasn’t sure what that meant, other than if it was specifically made for FCA, and they hold the drawings?
I even thought about contacting retroshop to see where they get them for the conversion adapters, but I doubt I’d get anywhere with that.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curt makes some trailer wiring harnesses meant for other fca vehicles that use the same connector. They are molded connectors, not modular with crimped pins.

Curt wouldn't sell me the connectors. If you find one of the harnesses they make you can cut the wires to get the connectors then solder to your own wires.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning guys... How is everything going???

Do we have blind spot working for this year???

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji111][emoji111][emoji111][emoji111]

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have parts that came in to make it work. Now I need some time to program and test everything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is mainly directed at Roman, but anyone feel free to jump in. Here are two housings...the left DJ, and the right DT... as if you were looking at the back of the bed.
You can see that the connectors are on opposite sides, and the sensor window is offset from center.

If the DT sensor is flipped and placed on the DJ housing, the orientation appears to be correct, with the sensor window at the correct location, and the sensor oriented outwards.

Why won’t this work? Is it because the DS BCM expects the sensor window to be inferior instead of superior?
65a98406aa17c1d2c5eafbf325f9a08b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The detection zones in the sensors are setup for the respective orientations.

If you put the DT sensor on the DJ heatsink, it is inverted, so the detection zone is now flipped and will not work correctly.

A few guys have tried to come up with a way to install the DT sensors into the DJ housings correctly, but it would take a lot of cutting and effort to make sure they A) mount securely and B) remain waterproof.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm... so even though They are both the same model number, they are different?

52da70c19b6a5aa678a63dc4a36700a9.jpg

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmm... so even though They are both the same model number, they are different?

52da70c19b6a5aa678a63dc4a36700a9.jpg

Yes, with them being turned 180 degrees, the detection zones face in opposite directions. Those parameters are set in the firmware.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@18ram2500 Are your 2019 mirrors heated or heated & dimming? I'm trying figure out which mirrors I need to look for. Ideally I don't want to lose my dimming and heated mirrors if swap to 2019 tow mirrors with BSM.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bringing the thread back from the dead.

I got the Arduino Due with dual can interfaces from Copperhill and put into an aluminum with a panel mount connector. It actually uses the same 12 pin that the tail lights use.

Spent a little time messing with the programming. Started with just a simple forwarding of all messages but with modifying vehicle line on the way to the BSMs. That worked for the most part but had intermittent buffer over run issues.

I did more data logging and figure out what messages generated the most traffic. There are 4 (out of 130ish in my case) messages that seemingly generate 50% of the traffic. After doing some research on those frames, I deemed them safe to discard and not forward to the BSMs. That seems to have resolved the issues. I am going to see if can change anything else to increase the margins a bit more but it's pretty well at a good working point now.

Now I need to find a permanent spot to mount it. Thinking either under the dash, center console or under the driver's seat.17f60ec427d6b99c3b5bd5349653b2eb.jpg

OP
OP
S

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I got the Arduino Due with dual can interfaces from Copperhill and put into an aluminum with a panel mount connector. It actually uses the same 12 pin that the tail lights use.

Spent a little time messing with the programming. Started with just a simple forwarding of all messages but with modifying vehicle line on the way to the BSMs. That worked for the most part but had intermittent buffer over run issues.

I did more data logging and figure out what messages generated the most traffic. There are 4 (out of 130ish in my case) messages that seemingly generate 50% of the traffic. After doing some research on those frames, I deemed them safe to discard and not forward to the BSMs. That seems to have resolved the issues. I am going to see if can change anything else to increase the margins a bit more but it's pretty well at a good working point now.

Now I need to find a permanent spot to mount it. Thinking either under the dash, center console or under the driver's seat.17f60ec427d6b99c3b5bd5349653b2eb.jpg

So this will get blindspot working on 1500's?

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

This is a really good Happy New Year news.

Ok. How is the deal? I can buy everything from you? But the case, I can use something else.

Thanks again brother.