2019 ram 1500 backup camera not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean McGillicuddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2019 ram 1500 new body style Laramie's backup camera did not work this morning! The only thing that I remember happening was we opened the tailgate on Friday and this morning Monday the camera didn't come on ? Any thought s?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
does the screen on the radio try to switch to the back up camera? If it doesn't try to turn on, the problem might be with the radio.
You might have to check
The only thing that I remember happening was we opened the tailgate on Friday and this morning Monday the camera didn't come on ?
The way this statement reads is like opening the tailgate is some of you don't expect it to do. It possible there there a loose connection with the wiring to the tailgate or camera itself.

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I guess I'm the only one who's had this happen to ..:confused:
No, you are not the only one. Ours went out as well (2018 model) and sometimes it showed a blue screen and sometimes it was just flickering.
They exchanged the radio unit (during warranty) and it was good for a few months, now it's back. Since the dealer wants the truck for a week I'll just live with it. In fact, I'd be very happy if I could disable that thing. Have you ever backed up in the middle of the night? That thing is so bright it's terrible and I can't turn the screen off.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you put the truck in reverse does the radio screen try to make any changes? As in does it turn blue, black or video display distorted? If the radio displays nothing at all like the truck is not in reverse it’s typically a power issue. Check the fuse. If the radio is displaying anything, even a black screen it’s typically a wiring problem or radio issue.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Loose connection at the source, ie., at the camera is suspect. Of course, also, the camera could have gone bad, not the first one.