2019 Ram 1500 Classic White Warlock "Whitney"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you do decide to run them against the paint get some clear vinyl between where the flare will sit. My old bushwackers ate down to bare metal on my 06 and I tried some super soft pliable stuff on this truck and even still it required wet sanding to hide the scratches it left. Im still torn myself. It's like.....do you let the tires hammer the truck with road crud without flares, or let the flares trap stuff and add extra maintenance annually

Having had both, you'll be happy with either option for sure between front setups.
That's actually a great idea! I hadn't thought about that before.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Updates:

Now Sitting at 42K miles, All suspension, and body mounts torqued to spec. UCA's - 10 pumps grease. Oil has been changed every 5000 miles with full synthetic. Tires (General Grabber ATX) have 20,000 miles and still have 12/32 tread left. They have worn perfectly.

Took a trailer load from KC to Alabama weighing about 6k lbs total. Truck handled it wonderfully. The SL-140 Springs + timbrens had 0 trailer wag or sway. The truck had plenty of power the whole trip. However I was at the absolute max of weight with no trailer brakes. - These will be added very soon. The other issue I faced was 9-10 mpg average. Did not pass many gas stations...

IMG_9866.jpg

Before we left took the tent off. Much easier with a forklift. lol

IMG_9850.jpg

And took some pics for the "gram"

IMG_2431.JPG

Last edited:

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks great!! Do you have lights where the tow hooks would go? Can't tell from that side pic. If so what did you use? I added light bar and fog lights to mine so far. I just bought my warlock in July

Attachments

• 20220115_163941.jpg
    20220115_163941.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 6

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Updates:

Now Sitting at 42K miles, All suspension, and body mounts torqued to spec. UCA's - 10 pumps grease. Oil has been changed every 5000 miles with full synthetic. Tires (General Grabber ATX) have 20,000 miles and still have 12/32 tread left. They have worn perfectly.

Took a trailer load from KC to Alabama weighing about 6k lbs total. Truck handled it wonderfully. The SL-140 Springs + timbrens had 0 trailer wag or sway. The truck had plenty of power the whole trip. However I was at the absolute max of weight with no trailer brakes. - These will be added very soon. The other issue I faced was 9-10 mpg average. Did not pass many gas stations...

View attachment 484778

Before we left took the tent off. Much easier with a forklift. lol

View attachment 484779

And took some pics for the "gram"

View attachment 484780
Damn that's a good pic.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great!! Do you have lights where the tow hooks would go? Can't tell from that side pic. If so what did you use? I added light bar and fog lights to mine so far. I just bought my warlock in July
I have yet to put any lights or anything in those holes yet. I put some tow hooks behind the bumper where those hole are as a temporary fix, have used them a few times and it works lol. I'm not planning on doing anything with that space as I'll be doing a custom bumper down the road soon anyway.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have yet to put any lights or anything in those holes yet. I put some tow hooks behind the bumper where those hole are as a temporary fix, have used them a few times and it works lol. I'm not planning on doing anything with that space as I'll be doing a custom bumper down the road soon anyway.
Nice I was thinking of adding lights there since I do not have tow hooks. Then again that light bar I have is super bright

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice I was thinking of adding lights there since I do not have tow hooks. Then again that light bar I have is super bright
I would honestly just add the tow hooks if you're aren't planning on doing a body lift. Everything will bolt right in.

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would honestly just add the tow hooks if you're aren't planning on doing a body lift. Everything will bolt right in.
What do you need to add the tow hooks? I mean besides the hooks. What size belts and nuts do I need? I was thinking about that just in case I get struck going off road with friends. Thanks for your help

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What do you need to add the tow hooks? I mean besides the hooks. What size belts and nuts do I need? I was thinking about that just in case I get struck going off road with friends. Thanks for your help

Here's a diagram showing the little bracket and Bolts you need.

tow hook.png

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK forgive the Novice/Uneducated question. I have a stock 2021 Warlock. What does the lift/levelling actually do. From my eye is seems to make the arch over the wheels bigger..something that asthetically I do not fiond appealing. Although I do have the OEN tires on 20 rims..please take time to educate this old fart if you will...cheers Dave

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK forgive the Novice/Uneducated question. I have a stock 2021 Warlock. What does the lift/levelling actually do. From my eye is seems to make the arch over the wheels bigger..something that asthetically I do not fiond appealing. Although I do have the OEN tires on 20 rims..please take time to educate this old fart if you will...cheers Dave
I don't want to interject for j-b as this is his thread and his answer would likely be different, but there's an entire thread devoted to leveling and should answer your questions.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Oh boy... hahaha So there are a number of reasons to lift/level a truck.

1. You just like the look. everyone is different and luckily there's way to do it all.
2. You want to offroad it. The bigger the tire the more ground clearance you have and more places you can go. The largest tire you could run stock is the 33's that come on it. To go to 35's or even 37's you need to make the truck higher, or cut the fenders for clearance. Since most of us don't want to go cutting up 30-50k trucks, lift it is!
3. You like to offroad and you also like the look of a lifted truck. - That's where I fall into. I've tried to build this truck to be a perfect harmony of usable truck + Offroad "beast" that will take me anywhere I want to go.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Truck turns 2 on 2/22/22!

42,000 miles in 2 years... That's a lot for it never being a true daily driver lol. I might have done a little photoshoot for her Birthday :roflsquared:

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

Hopefully spring comes sooner than later to get all the fab projects done for this year.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
More changes goin on getting ready for summer!

New Bumper:

This project kicked off when I discovered the vinyl had split and started coming off of the fog light surrounds.

IMG_0167 Copy.JPG

So took the bumper off to take all that off. I've been wanting a tube bumper for some time now So I figured now would be the time since I already had everything apart.

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

With the price of metal being like it is, weather and work, I never seemed to find enough time to start the bumper build. Luckily after 2 weeks of sitting in the drive with no bumper and browsing marketplace, I stumbled upon a ADD bumper for sale for less than half of what the raw metal would have cost. The Seller didn't know what it fit so I scooped it up knowing I could do something with it. I put it up on the truck and it fit the body lines! I was very happy! After some digging I found that this was originally for a 14-18 Chevy/Gmc 1500. Because of the body lift I was able to get 1 of the OE holes to line up with one on the bumper. I welded a plate on to cover the rest of the frame horn and to get some more points of contact on the bumper. I will eventually change this up a little to include some D ring tabs, and more support Overall I'm very happy with my marketplace find!

IMG_0250 Copy.JPG

9D5908BF-28AC-427F-83CA-A5729169CE32 Copy.JPG

New Tent:

Rewind to last fall. Our older golden doodle decided to get into a pile of hickory wood and ended up with a very costly surgery. So I had to get rid of some stuff asap. Which included my bigger tent + annex and new camper shell. Ever since that time I've been looking for a new one for the whole family. After some Marketplace wheeling and dealing I was able to score a Tuff stuff Alpha RTT with an Annex. This thing is huge! The inside is in great shape, but the outside needs a little cosmetic work. Overall I'm very impressed with this tent!

IMG_0264 Copy.JPG

IMG_0277 Copy.JPG

IMG_0269.jpg

So RIP to the RamBar, but this will be a lot more useful!

Hopefully next will be some front Coilovers.

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much did the weight of that bumper drop your front end? Really dig that style of prerunner-ish bumper vs the HD armored look ones

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How much did the weight of that bumper drop your front end? Really dig that style of prerunner-ish bumper vs the HD armored look ones
Actually That bumper is probably 20lbs lighter than the stock Warlock/Rebel Bumper. The OE bumper probably weighed 90-100lbs.

The Stock Rebel bumper sagged the front end a good .8 to 1" ironically the same height as the factory lift... :roflsquared: