2019 RAM 3500 GPS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kiwi16692

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Deisel
My GPS in my 2019 RAM 3500 stopped working. Won't take a new address but will give me directions to places that I have already been. Dealer kept it in shop 4 days and finally said I needed a subscription to Sirius Guardian and gave me instructions to contact them. Sirius then sold me a subscription but GPS still does not work. The Sirius screen in truck had a button for help with navigation. I clicked on that and got an agent with UCOnnest who said I needed a map update and should take it back to the dealer. After cussing for a few minutes I calmed down and he sent me a link to get the update ($150) which will be mailed to me. Is there anyone that can give me some information and direction how to resolve this. Seems that the dealer, Sirius and UConnect are all talking in circles and no one knows how to fix the problem. Questions for readers, do I need a subscription to Sirius Guardian for my GPS to work? If I do, why does the update come from UConnect. I'm really confused.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
First, there are 3 different systems here and can be confusing because of the names.
1. UCONNECT- Operating platform on the infotainment screen that provides the remote lock/unlock, monitoring, location, mapping, ect.
2. SIRIUS GAURDIAN- traffic, weather, ect . service
3. SIRIUSXM- Satellite radio service

Sirius Gaurdian (atleast for my 2018) is complimentary for 5 or 6 years. You should already have this for free.

SiriusXM satellite radio is complimentary for a short time from purchase. It is NOT associated with mapping, Gaurdian, or Uconnect at all.

Uconnect subscription gets you the functions of seeing your fuel level, tire pressures, locations, lock/unlock, sound horn, ect. through the Uconnect App on your phone and/or the Uconnect website when you log in.

Then to add to all that, there is also the option of using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay apps through your phone and use that mapping for GPS. That is what I find myself using more than anything. It utilizes Googlemaps that are upto date and show slow spots of traffic.

With all that said , I'm referring to the 8.4 or 12" screen. I personally have the 8.4 and am not that familiar with the 12. I've read about issues with it so I wish you luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kiwi16692

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Deisel
Thanks for the info, still confused but that seems to be my state these days. After I get the map update (from what you said it seems this is not going to fix the issue) I'll load it and if that doesn't fix the problem I'll take it back to the dealer.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My GPS in my 2019 RAM 3500 stopped working. Won't take a new address but will give me directions to places that I have already been. Dealer kept it in shop 4 days and finally said I needed a subscription to Sirius Guardian and gave me instructions to contact them. Sirius then sold me a subscription but GPS still does not work. The Sirius screen in truck had a button for help with navigation. I clicked on that and got an agent with UCOnnest who said I needed a map update and should take it back to the dealer. After cussing for a few minutes I calmed down and he sent me a link to get the update ($150) which will be mailed to me. Is there anyone that can give me some information and direction how to resolve this. Seems that the dealer, Sirius and UConnect are all talking in circles and no one knows how to fix the problem. Questions for readers, do I need a subscription to Sirius Guardian for my GPS to work? If I do, why does the update come from UConnect. I'm really confused.
No, you don’t need ANY type of subscription or map update at all. Instead of using the “search” to find an address, use the “where to” selection to enter the address.