2019 Tradesman keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avernon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have a 2019 tradesman with power locks and the push button start. Is it possible to add keyless entry to the truck with factory parts? The dealer the truck was purchased at said it was not possible, but it also seemed like they didn’t want to mess with it.

RainDesert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you unlock the doors on your truck?

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
With a regular key in the door lock.

Tradesman have the key (that slides into the fob) attached to the simulated fob.

2018-dodge-ram-truck-transponder-key-blank-7.jpg

RainDesert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well tradesman level 1 is when there is keyless entry on the 2019 2500. On the 2020 1500's and HD's keyless entry is standard with Tradesman which makes sense since everything is now **** to start. I had no idea with push button start there were still keys being used!
Tradesman Level 1 Equipment Group $895 Exterior Mirrors with Heating Element Overhead Console Overhead Cupholder Lamp Power Windows with Front One–Touch–Down Feature Remote Keyless Entry Satin Chrome Interior Door Handles Speed Sensitive Power Locks Power–Heated Mirrors with Manual Fold–Away

I would guess you can order keyless fobs and have them programed by a dealer. Hopefully someone has done this and can chime in.

Last edited:

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Funny thing...I replied to the wrong thread lol. Now to find the other one.

Interesting about the push to start is standard now. Didn't notice this, but then I don't have a 1500.

Thanks for the info

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Maybe he means the entry were you just have to have the fob in your pocket and the doors open...passive entry?

OP
OP
A

avernon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My truck has power locks, windows, heater and power mirrors, etc.. It just seems odd to put all these options and not have the keyless entry. I have a key to open the door but mine does not go into the fob, or at least I don’t think it does.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
@avernon, do you have a key like the one above?

Then the transmitter just lets you use push to start.

I know it is a bit of a hassle to add it to the 4th gen tradesman.

Interesting stuff.

RainDesert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah that key doesn't go into the fob there. I'm guessing you can get a dealer to fix you up. Call around to local dealers, starting with the larger ones. In 2020 all the 1500 and 2500 are keyless entry as standard feature.

Ram Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2019 Tradesman and I don't have that big key and I can get into my truck with the fob and mine is a 1500 I have the little key in my fob

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yeah that is pretty annoying, even more so than mine. Heck, even our 07 Caliber has a better setup.
20200102_184758.jpg

I am assuming that that is the standard key, and you have to get the level 1 to get the keyless entry.

Be interested to hear what you come up with...I know with the 4th Gen it is a stretch to upgrade the tradesman

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My truck has power locks, windows, heater and power mirrors, etc.. It just seems odd to put all these options and not have the keyless entry. I have a key to open the door but mine does not go into the fob, or at least I don’t think it does.

All you need to do is buy the fob that has the lock and unlock buttons on it, and have the dealer program it and add the GXM sales code. Since you need to buy a new fob anyway, you might as well get the one that has the remote start button on it, also, and have them add the XBM remote start sales code while you’re at it. This way, if you already have the correct hood latch, you’ll have remote start working. Two birds with one stone, and should only cost an hour labor for all of it (and the price of the fob).
https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/2020-dodge-ram-smart-remote-key-68291689ad.html

OP
OP
A

avernon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Update. I called the dealer and they told me I had to buy a new fob and they could add the sales code and program the new fobs. So I make the appointment and drive a hour to the dealership and they then tell me they don’t know how to do it and don’t think it can be done. They told me we have never done this before. I have another dealer to try. @Jimmy07 have you done this before?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Update. I called the dealer and they told me I had to buy a new fob and they could add the sales code and program the new fobs. So I make the appointment and drive a hour to the dealership and they then tell me they don’t know how to do it and don’t think it can be done. They told me we have never done this before. I have another dealer to try. @Jimmy07 have you done this before?
Not with keyless entry, but it’s all possible. Here is a pic of the instructions for adding the tailgate damper and remote tailgate release. The remote tailgate release option is very similar to the remote keyless entry option, in that, all it requires is the correct key fob, and the sales code. 6tQsasP.jpg
They would follow these same instructions, except, on #2 under add sales code, they would add the sales code GXM instead of JKR. Everything thing else in the instructions are the same. Same goes for remote start and it’s sales code XBM.

EDIT to add: If you get the correct remote, you could do all three in one shot- JKR, GXM, and XBM.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hello avernon,
Please keep us updated if you decide to move forward with a second opinion. If we can be of any assistance throughout that process, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be glad to help.
Laura
RamCares

bmyfe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Did you ever get a dealer to make this work?

bmyfe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Hello avernon,
Please keep us updated if you decide to move forward with a second opinion. If we can be of any assistance throughout that process, feel free to send us a private message. We'd be glad to help.
Laura
RamCares
Any updates on whether or not this will work ???

bmyfe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
Hello avernon,
Laura
RamCares
Does this work ? Any updates on this topic would be greatly appreciated

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Does this work ? Any updates on this topic would be greatly appreciated
Hey there,

If you're looking for some additional assistance, please send us a direct message!

Callie
Ram Cares