2019 U Connect App

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just Traded in my 14 on a 2019 Big Horn.
I want to activate a U Connect app on my phone so I can start the truck from anywhere, make sure doors are locked, etc. I cant find the U Connect option under my aps tab on my 8.4" screen. The videos I have watched show I would need to use that tab to send a code to activate an account. I then read that you cant use this app if you do not have the "911" or "emergency" button on the rearview mirror. I do not have emergency button on the mirror and I do not have navigation in this truck. Am I missing something, or is my truck truly not enabled to use the app?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have a 2019 Ram Bighorn. U have a plain jane straight Uconnect 4 radio in your truck. It is Apple CarPlay and Android Capable. You do not Have Sirius Guardian and/or Nav so you will not have the U Connect feature U R looking for. All your stuff done from your phone ref Nav and such, but not premium U connect aps. You will not have the AP to start your truck from ne where, because you do not have that U Connect system installed. Your starting would either be by Remote Start FOB or you in the truck.

CAVEAT: U do not have to worry about OTA updates bricking your system, but ne upgrades can only be done by Dealer. I have never let the dealer upgrade radio, works fine. I talked to my SA and he said leave stock Radio programming in, as the updates on these plain 4 radios were causing issues, just a warning, IMHO.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Edit - wrong post

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Mike Todd

Just to verify for others able to help, your new 2019 is the new redesigned 5th generation or is it the same design/body style as your 2014?

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Mike Todd

Just to verify for others able to help, your new 2019 is the new redesigned 5th generation or is it the same design/body style as your 2014?
Do not know if he has a classic or a 5th Gen. Picture too grainy to enhance to see, LOL. MY Comment directed towards 2019 (DT) 5th Gen Big Horns. Not sure what radio are in the Classics and whether or not 2019 makes a difference on radio in a 4th Gen built for 2019 sales.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do not know if he has a classic or a 5th Gen. Picture too grainy to enhance to see, LOL. MY Comment directed towards 2019 (DT) 5th Gen Big Horns. Not sure what radio are in the Classics and whether or not 2019 makes a difference on radio in a 4th Gen built for 2019 sales.

Likewise, I'm not sure if it makes a difference in this case or not what generation it is, but always good to clarify in case there is.

For his picture I can clearly tell it's a 4th gen, just not sure if it was his prior truck or the new.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, OP gonna have to clarify exactly which truck he has and what U connect: 4,3, 4C, 4C NAV, etc etc. He could post a pic of his window sticker if he was not sure on how to check and then we would know.

VanD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just Traded in my 14 on a 2019 Big Horn.
I want to activate a U Connect app on my phone so I can start the truck from anywhere, make sure doors are locked, etc. I cant find the U Connect option under my aps tab on my 8.4" screen. The videos I have watched show I would need to use that tab to send a code to activate an account. I then read that you cant use this app if you do not have the "911" or "emergency" button on the rearview mirror. I do not have emergency button on the mirror and I do not have navigation in this truck. Am I missing something, or is my truck truly not enabled to use the app?
Unless you are willing to subscribe to SiriusGuardian for a monthly fee you won't be able to use Uconnect anyway. Seems they have hijcacked all of the service from Fiat/Chryser.