2020 Ram Sport 5.7L - Lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cam Ens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Only had the truck a couple months, has about 7,000 km. A loud ticking noise started a few days ago and dealer says its the lifters. How common is that on such a new truck?? Its under warranty of course, but jeez, that was quick.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the first case I’ve heard on anything past 2015.How about when you get it back from the service department take a pic of service write up and post it on here for us to see.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Mine started at 3500 miles new in 2011, I have been mainly tick free since just by using redline 5w30. See the redline poll in my thread. You may opt to get a used oil analysis for ammo in case you need to go after fca. Use the dealer as much as you can, if they don't fix it there are options. Lubegard biotech is another, poor man's redline. You can add that to your current oil. If you opt for a lubrication strategy, PM I will go over some more stuff.

Welcome to the forum, sadly this issue has brought many of us together.

OP
OP
C

Cam Ens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK, so an update on this issue. On Friday (the truck was booked for Monday), the noise stopped. I did nothing differently. As I prefer them not tearing apart the engine we've decided to wait and see if the noise returns. I have no idea what happened as the dealership thought it was lifters as well.