2021 Classic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Am I right in assuming this is where I should post?

I just ordered a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Crew Cab 4x4 with the optional 6.4ft bed. I got the SLT with black appearance package and almost every option.

This section says up to 2020 4th Gen but mine is still a 4th Gen so this is my spot.

I'm in Ontario, Canada so the first thing I'm doing is getting sprayed for the crazy amounts of salt on the roads. I'm also deleting the muffler and resonators while adding 5" Black tips. I've thought about upgrading the headlights bulbs, coating the seats and carpet, and having a 7year ceramic coating after a full paint correction done but other then that I think that's all I'm doing. The dealer is tinting the windows for me so the truck will be nothing but black. I was thinking of going white paint with night package but my wife already has a white car with black wheels so didn't want to be too matchy lol.

I feel like I got a good deal here in Canada as the build was $66k and I'm paying $45k for it...

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Welcome to the Forums. Yes! You are in the right place. The forum moderator hasen't updated the section title to show 2021 yet.

Congratulations! Please post some pics when you get it!

2019Warlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome. From ontario as well.

We need pictures when you get it

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum. You're in the right place.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thx guys and I'll post pics as soon as I can. I've never had an All Black vehicle before so I'm excited to see it...

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thx guys and I'll post pics as soon as I can. I've never had an All Black vehicle before so I'm excited to see it...
Is that considered a Warlock? Congrats on new Truck!!

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I specifically didn't want the warlock. I prefer the classic front end look instead.
Either one looks great. Did you get the new push button start option?

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Either one looks great. Did you get the new push button start option?

No disrespect to any warlock owners, I just prefer the other look.

Yes it will have push button start. The only options I didn't get were sunroof, rambox, smokers group, and Nav (still got 8.4" screen though)

Guga

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm also deleting the muffler and resonators while adding 5" Black tips.
It’s your truck after all, so please disregard my input if you already made your mind. Are you 100% familiar with what resonators are and what do they do? I really think deleting them make the truck sound worse and not louder in any relevant amount.

congrats on the new truck!

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It’s your truck after all, so please disregard my input if you already made your mind. Are you 100% familiar with what resonators are and what do they do? I really think deleting them make the truck sound worse and not louder in any relevant amount.

congrats on the new truck!

Probably not but I'm not worried about power or mileage. I just like the sound better.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Am I right in assuming this is where I should post?

I just ordered a 2021 Ram 1500 Classic Crew Cab 4x4 with the optional 6.4ft bed. I got the SLT with black appearance package and almost every option.

Nice! I love my 2019 classic SLT CC. You did good getting the 6.4' bed. There's times I wish mine wasn't the shorty. The bed that is..

I bought mine as an ex rental last year and it was a good enough deal as is, so overall I can't complain.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Nice! I love my 2019 classic SLT CC. You did good getting the 6.4' bed. There's times I wish mine wasn't the shorty. The bed that is..

I bought mine as an ex rental last year and it was a good enough deal as is, so overall I can't complain.

At first I was getting quad cause I didn't know I could get the bigger bed in crew. I'm coming off an f150 ext cab with 8ft bed and wanted that again but too much money compared...

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Black is beautiful. When it’s clean. With all that salt you spoke of, keep plenty of quarters for the car wash. Chrystal Granite looks almost as good as black and doesn’t show dirt nearly as obviously.

Get the 3.92 LSD rear end.

I’m not big on announcing my presence, but if you like loud, go for it.

post pics of that beautiful classic!

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I did opt for the 3.92 with LSD

As for the deleting my muffler shop told.me to just do the muffler and see how I like it first. I'll probably do that just in case.

LOL yeah I have a spray wash about 1000 yards down the road. Plus I an on doing the 7year ceramic with paint correction first. Black is Amazing but it needs to be setup right.

Last edited:

Guga

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did opt for the 3.92 with LSD

As for the deleting my muffler shop told.me to just do the muffler and see how I like it first. I'll probably do that just in case.
Your exhaust guy knows his ****. As I said before, and it suits your desire for a good sounding truck, deleting resonators are not a good idea. They don't mute your truck at all, just when it's out of tone, let's put it that way.

OP
OP
P

Perferd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Your exhaust guy knows his ****. As I said before, and it suits your desire for a good sounding truck, deleting resonators are not a good idea. They don't mute your truck at all, just when it's out of tone, let's put it that way.

I've decided to just try b2 fabs muffler delete and 5" tips. I can do all the work myself in the driveway. What I'm on the fence with is their black tails of the ir chrome tails. Something makes me think just the 1 pop of color out the back might be nice. However with literally everything being black I might just go black.

Anyways thx for the advice on leaving resonators.