2021 HD Ram recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Should update the title to state DIESEL only.

On a side note, my truck can't fit in the garage so no issue.

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 I6 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel
I don’t even have my truck yet and I’ve got a recall. The article is kind of vague, anyone know if there are certain build dates involved?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I don’t even have my truck yet and I’ve got a recall. The article is kind of vague, anyone know if there are certain build dates involved?
A stop order has been issued, the truck won't be delivered to you until this recall has been fixed. If your dealer is nice, they may let you come check the truck out if it is delivered to them before the repair is completed.
The problem is with a solid state grid heater "relay". I'm guessing they're trying to more accurately control the incoming air temp for emissions and to stabilize the charging system voltage. Ever see a CTD trucks headlights flicker with the grid heater cycling?

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A stop order has been issued, the truck won't be delivered to you until this recall has been fixed. If your dealer is nice, they may let you come check the truck out if it is delivered to them before the repair is completed.
The problem is with a solid state grid heater "relay". I'm guessing they're trying to more accurately control the incoming air temp for emissions and to stabilize the charging system voltage. Ever see a CTD trucks headlights flicker with the grid heater cycling?

The truck is already in route, so I doubt they are going to throw up any road blocks. Dealer is good one, I should be fine.

wifi_guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a call from the dealer my truck just came in today! I’ll be taking delivery of it on Wednesday. Mine, luckily did not fall within the build dates of the issue. So I am good there! Bad news, on transport the front bumper was dented, so that will have to get fixed. New bumpers are 2 weeks out.

Oh well, I’ll have a new bumper after 2 weeks of driving it. Not the end of the world. INSANELY excited for this truck!!!!!

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I got a recall notice and also the note stated that no parts were available to remedy the problem.
But since I live in Florida I'm not really concerned.

JFV1134

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins
Here is an update for all of you who are affected by recall Y08 (Grid Heater Relay). Parts are available and a remedy has been sent to dealerships as of April 16th, 2021. My pickup had been sitting on the dealer lot for an extended amount of time waiting on this recall. They performed the recall on April 17th, 2021 and I was able to drive it home on April 20th, 2021. Sooooo happy to finally be in the new rig! I ordered this on November 2nd, 2020, so I was definitely ready to take delivery.