2022 2500 On order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cacknich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I ordered my 2022 2500 Limited Longhorn edition on October 20. Dealer said to expect 6-8 months delivery time. I have received my VIN and dealer said it was in D status about 2 weeks ago. Will it really take 8 months?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Best answer - maybe. So many things can delay delivery on a sold order. I have seen them come in as quick as 30 days and have some still waiting after 3 months.

SF_bay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn Max Cab
Engine
Cummings 6.7
Just received my 2022 longhorn 2500 2 weeks ago ordered it in July, good luck BTW post when you get it what do you think of the software for UConnect having trouble with my 12" display

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you ordered on October 20th & the dealership is a larger dealership & they have allotment, then the order may have gone through on November 11th
Just after Ram Headquarters receives the order, you should have been informed that your order is pending, then sometime after that, you should have been informed that your Order is in Status C & they should have given you a VON # ( Vehicle Order Number )
Shortly after that you should have been informed that they are checking their inventory to see if they have the parts to build your Ram, which is Status D.
Then not too long after that, when they know that they have all the parts, they should notify you that your Order has gone to Status D1

All of that may normally take 4 to 6 weeks & nothing but paperwork has been completed.

That timing happens whether or not the Ram is a 1500, 2500, 3500, 4500 or 5500

D1 means that they set a time & date to begin building your Order
Around this same time, you should receive a VIN # ( Vehicle Identification Number )

Has either the dealership or Ram headquarters sent you any of these notices or perhaps called you ?

spark plug

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Mine took 6 months. however i ordered in June and they didnt start production on 22's till aug. I would think they're moving along better now. But some will depend on what package you are wanting. Alot of things are on restricted status.

Snapglen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Ordered my Limited 3500 on May 19th and took delivery on December 14th.
I love it so far!

Attachments

• 20211217_124418.jpg
    20211217_124418.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 13

DIMford

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Cummins Diesel
Interesting I ordered my 22 2500 in August and still haven't received VIN... do C,D, D1 status get e-mailed directly to the customer or only the dealership?

TexasRam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting I ordered my 22 2500 in August and still haven't received VIN... do C,D, D1 status get e-mailed directly to the customer or only the dealership?
Should get a VIN a few days after you order. Call your dealer and ask for it.

therealjz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It could take that long. My 2500 Laramie was ordered in June and I just found out that it is in the shipping stage. Ram customer service said that it won’t have another status update until it is at the dealer. Hopefully I’ll see it soon.

Ore_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins
I ordered my 2022 2500 Limited Longhorn edition on October 20. Dealer said to expect 6-8 months delivery time. I have received my VIN and dealer said it was in D status about 2 weeks ago. Will it really take 8 months?

Ore_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins
If you ordered on October 20th & the dealership is a larger dealership & they have allotment, then the order may have gone through on November 11th
Just after Ram Headquarters receives the order, you should have been informed that your order is pending, then sometime after that, you should have been informed that your Order is in Status C & they should have given you a VON # ( Vehicle Order Number )
Shortly after that you should have been informed that they are checking their inventory to see if they have the parts to build your Ram, which is Status D.
Then not too long after that, when they know that they have all the parts, they should notify you that your Order has gone to Status D1

All of that may normally take 4 to 6 weeks & nothing but paperwork has been completed.

That timing happens whether or not the Ram is a 1500, 2500, 3500, 4500 or 5500

D1 means that they set a time & date to begin building your Order
Around this same time, you should receive a VIN # ( Vehicle Identification Number )

Has either the dealership or Ram headquarters sent you any of these notices or perhaps called you ?
Sounds like you have some knowledge of delivery information? I ordered my 2500 big horn, the dealership told me that it would be 96 days?? I received an email from dodge letting me know the delivery date is April 27th, plus or minus 7days. I didn't see any C,D,D1 anywhere. I did get a vin # with this message. Do you have any knowledge about how true they are with the delivery date???

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The HD Rams, 2500s - 5500s are assembled in Saltillo Mexico

If you ordered a basic Tradesman 2500
I would guess 3 1/2 to 4 months from order to delivery to Oregon would be my very quickest guess

February 20th would have been 4 months on your order
you said that you have your VIN #

Insert your VIN# below using Capital lettering, the page should fill in if your Ram is built

Ore_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins
I tried inputting my vin # and it says that it is an incorrect number? I ordered a Big Horn, is that similar to the tradesman? I'm new to Dodge so I'm still trying to figure out everything. Thanks for your time.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
one problem with these long wait times is like a previous poster who expects to wait 6-8 more months, you may get your 2022 vehicle just before the 2023's come out and it will be technically last years model after just a month or two of ownership. and when the dust settles all those folks that paid 60,000 for a tradesman will be crazy upside down at trade-in time.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you have some knowledge of delivery information? I ordered my 2500 big horn, the dealership told me that it would be 96 days?? I received an email from dodge letting me know the delivery date is April 27th, plus or minus 7days. I didn't see any C,D,D1 anywhere. I did get a vin # with this message. Do you have any knowledge about how true they are with the delivery date???
I tried inputting my vin # and it says that it is an incorrect number? I ordered a Big Horn, is that similar to the tradesman? I'm new to Dodge so I'm still trying to figure out everything. Thanks for your time.

To your first post, 96 days seem oddly specific and on the quicker side. Not saying it can't arrive in that time, but it's surprising to hear a dealer quote that when most will say 4-6 months as a just in case. The status of D or D1 etc, can be seen on the POC (priced order confirmation) which you can request an updated version from your dealer at any point in time. The movement you're looking for is from D (parts gathering) to D1 (all parts gathered with an estimated build date, which again would be available to see on the updated POC). Once you're in D1 and have the estimated build date, check the link provided by GT around the estimated build date, once the truck is going down the line/is completed the build sheet will become available for you to view.

On that note, when that time comes, you need to enter your vin in all caps with no spaces or dashes etc, and keep in mind there will be no letter I or O to avoid confusion with the numbers 1 and 0. Once the build sheet is available, you can then look for the window sticker to be available here:

The window sticker availability signifies the vendor install (bed liner/mud flaps/running boards etc) has been completed and the truck has an estimated ship date (once again, obtained via updated POC from dealer). Typically window stickers are available within a few days after the build sheet is, pending there are no issues with the build or vendor install.

The longest wait from what I have noticed is going D to D1. With the disclaimer that it's a gigantic crapshoot and you could have your truck in a month or it could take a year. Seems like recent orders from the last few months have been moving right along though for the most part.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
As to your question about models

Tradesman is just a basic truck, often will be ordered as a work vehicle

Express, if they still have that model is a step up from Tradesman
Usually comes with a Sport Style Bumpers

Bighorn/Longhorn Lonestar is the next step up, because of all the optional parts

Thanks for the correction JoeCo

Last edited:

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As to your question about models

Tradesman is just a basic truck, often will be ordered as a work vehicle

Express, if they still have that model is a step up from Tradesman
Usually comes with a Sport Style Bumpers

Bighorn/Longhorn is the next step up, because of all the optional parts

Just to clarify a few things for the 5th gens:

Tradesman is still available as the base/work level

Express is no longer made, so it's bighorn/lonestar(texas only) (longhorn is top trim level with the limited)

Laramie as the mid trim level

Rebel for the mild off road level

And them Limited Longhorn/Limited for the top trim level, and of course the TRX as well!

Likewise for the heavy duties, just substitute the rebel with the power wagon.

Kilcarnup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Just to clarify a few things for the 5th gens:

Tradesman is still available as the base/work level

Express is no longer made, so it's bighorn/lonestar(texas only) (longhorn is top trim level with the limited)

Laramie as the mid trim level

Rebel for the mild off road level

And them Limited Longhorn/Limited for the top trim level, and of course the TRX as well!

Likewise for the heavy duties, just substitute the rebel with the power wagon.

Interestingly here in Aus we have Express and Warlock which are the DS still (I'm guessing out Warlock is based on the Rebel) and then for the DT we have Laramie and then Limited which is the top tier.

I am curious though, is the Laramie model named after the town/tv show? is there some history/connection there between Ram trucks and the area?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interestingly here in Aus we have Express and Warlock which are the DS still (I'm guessing out Warlock is based on the Rebel) and then for the DT we have Laramie and then Limited which is the top tier.

I am curious though, is the Laramie model named after the town/tv show? is there some history/connection there between Ram trucks and the area?

Good point, I believe we still have the express available in the classic (4th gen DS) as well as the warlock, perhaps a few other trim levels as well. Our warlock is really just an appearance package and maybe a small 1" lift, otherwise I don't think ours are much different than a dressed up express.

As for the Laramie name, it might be based on the town or tv show. It would make sense why they kept the name Laramie attached to the longhorn trim level for so long. Which was always confusing, because the longhorn is the equivalent level of luxury as the limited (just in western theme) and above the Laramie trim level. They just recently changed it officially to limited longhorn to maybe clear up any confusion, but I could see the Laramie name tying into the western theme of the longhorn.