2022 - 7,000 mile - 6.4l Engine Knock at Startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Units

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Well Ram is going to pull the heads off and check the lifters. I dont think the noise is lifters but they said this is the first step.
Wouldn’t hurt to touch base with @RamCares to get a case initiated.

Joe Merchak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I wonder is there is some kind of part defect or assembly issues since we both have 2022 trucks with similar mileage. Mine was built early 2022 because I got it in June of 2022.

OP
OP
Units

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
As stated in another post they are replacing lifters and cam
Yeah I read that, but in my opinion and with my experience which appears to be very similar to yours, if you get a case # initiated after touching base with @RamCares, your situation goes up the corporate chain a step and involves more people than just the dealership. If you have already done so then disregard. FWIW.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have not talk to ramcares, dont know how.
Hello,

Please send our team a PM by clicking on our profile, then clicking on start message. We'd be happy to look further into your concern. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

OP
OP
Units

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Hello,

Please send our team a PM by clicking on our profile, then clicking on start message. We'd be happy to look further into your concern. Thank you

William
Ram Cares
@Joe Merchak