2022 Ram 1500 Classic Morimoto XB Fog Light Bracket Install Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abrams117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm trying to install these Morimoto XB LED fog lights on my 2022 Ram Classic Express and the brackets that I am supposed to reuse off of the stock fog lights do not work right with the Morimoto ones. The part where the fog light is supposed to pivot for adjustment is held on with a small torx screw and a cap on my trucks stock lights. I am wondering if previous years were just a pressure fit. I could not find anything online to buy just a fog light bracket from earlier 4th gen 1500s. If anyone has any ideas on what I should do that would be great.

Stock fog light with pivot cap installed.
Stock Fog Installed.jpg

Stock fog light with pivot cap removed.
Stock Fog Loose.jpg

Morimoto XB fog light; Bracket is loose on pivot point with no way to secure using the scew and cap.
Morimoto Fog.jpg

Last edited:

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I'm trying to install these Morimoto XB LED fog lights on my 2022 Ram Classic Express and the brackets that I am supposed to reuse off of the stock fog lights do work right with the Morimoto ones. The part where the fog light is supposed to pivot for adjustment is held on with a small torx screw and a cap on my trucks stock lights. I am wondering if previous years were just a pressure fit. I could not find anything online to buy just a fog light bracket from earlier 4th gen 1500s. If anyone has any ideas on what I should do that would be great.

Stock fog light with pivot cap installed.
View attachment 508086

Stock fog light with pivot cap removed.
View attachment 508090

Morimoto XB fog light; Bracket is loose on pivot point with no way to secure using the scew and cap.
View attachment 508089

20181025_091810.jpg20181025_091456.jpg

Thought I had a pic of them with the brackets installed. I'll try and grab some soon.

OP
OP
Abrams117

Abrams117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All I'm going to say is, should have gone with the diode dynamics ss3 kit. Far better light than that morimoto.
That is what I ended up doing. Just gotta get Morimoto to respond so I can hopefully return them. If not, then maybe somebody with an earlier 4th gen might buy them.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Will the DD ss3 kit work in the stock mounts?
The DD SS3 kit includes the mounting bracket you use, just need the three bolts that hold the stock mounting bracket on.

I'll throw another vote for the DD SS3 SAE Fog light kit, I have the Pro level and they're plenty bright if your on the fence of between the Pro or Max level. The beam is light up the sides of the road wide and the beam stays low, I've used them in near white out conditions. Probably one of the best lighting upgrade I've made.

I am wondering if previous years were just a pressure fit.
I think starting somewhere in the '16 model year the OEM fog light mounts were changed.