22 Ram 1500 Center Cluster Quest Avg MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevin8er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L E-Torque
I usually leave this screen in the center cluster as I use it to help keep the MPG as high as possible. The screen has a 180 ish deg dial that shows between 0 and 30 MPG. I used to have a readout just above the 30 MPG that would actually show what I was getting between 31 and 99. After i had truck for about a week it went away. Then about two weeks later it came back and has been there for the past 10 months and 10,000miles. About 2 weeks ago it went missing again? I hope I have explained this well enough to understand. Anybody else have this issue? Can i reset something to have it come back again? Appreciate your time.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
All Gasoline sold in the USA, beginning November 1 by Federal Rule, had to be Winter Gas.
Winter Gas is cheaper than Summer gas & your vehicles gas mileage will drop quite a bit

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Mine has 2 different economy screens. One with current MPG and one without. You can use the left or right arrow button on the steering wheel to cycle between those two.

I thought mine was disappearing but it turns out that when I turn the truck on sometimes it has switched to the other economy screen (without current MPG) and I have to hit the arrow button to re-select the screen I was using (with current MPG).

It happens randomly to me and it gets frustrating. Obviously something software-related since there's no rhyme or reason.

Also, you can drive yourself crazy watching that screen and trying to keep your numbers up. If I watch that screen I get about 1 MPG better overall for each tank, which is a couple of "free" gallons per tank. Depending on the price of gas depends on if it's worth it to me to have fun or drive it like a VW van.